New Contributor
swanky

CDV to get rid of inquires?

Hello all,

Pardon if this has already been discussed.  I just spoke with a PENFED CSR.  I was complaining about having to do

another hard pull (I did not do it) and she said "oh that is not a big deal, just do a CDV and they will delete them."

She made it sound like it was a sure thing and not a big deal at all.  Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Re: CDV to get rid of inquires?

what is a cdv?
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Valued Contributor
nothingman02

CDV = Consumer Dispute Verification. Its bally bull.
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

hmmmm

I disputed an inquiry with Equifax and received this:  "Inquiries are a factual record of file access.  If you believe this was unauthorized, please contact the creditor."

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Senior Contributor
O6

swanky wrote:

Hello all,

Pardon if this has already been discussed.  I just spoke with a PENFED CSR.  I was complaining about having to do

another hard pull (I did not do it) and she said "oh that is not a big deal, just do a CDV and they will delete them."

She made it sound like it was a sure thing and not a big deal at all.  Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

Most of the time you will have a hard time -- especially with EQ -- trying to dispute an INQ online.  You can do it in writing, but 1) they may delete it and put a fraud alert on your credit report and 2) it is not good to dispute data which you know to be valid and accurate.
IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

swanky wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks!

CSR's need to stop giving credit advice. No one should be counseling you to dispute valid CBR information. It is a big deal and could lead to problems you'd rather not have, such as being labeled a frivolous disputer or having an FA placed on your credit file. It is almost impossible to carry off disputing an INQ from an organization you already have an account with.

Super Contributor
DI

Some CSR's are off the chain.  They know how to get customers off the phone.  But that CSR certainly shouldn't have given that type of advice. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+