Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGES TO AMEX SPG....! ABOUT TIME

tag
Dbadup
New Contributor

CHANGES TO AMEX SPG....! ABOUT TIME

I was seriously contemplating closing this card until i got this email. Its now a KEEPER again.. Email Below.

They really needed this update to stay releveant and competitve.

Thank you for being a Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card Member.

Starting August 11, you’ll receive enticing new benefits that support your travels and keep you connected wherever you go with The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express.

In addition to your current Card benefits, you’ll enjoy:

No foreign transaction fees on international purchases.1

Free, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1 million Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.2

Complimentary in-room, premium Internet access while staying with SPG® participating hotels. Booking requirements apply.3

We appreciate your Card Membership and look forward to bringing you even more reasons to love travel.

NASA 30K|| Citi 10.3K|| Discover 20K|| AmexSPG/Everyday 10k/3.6k|| NordstromV 7.5k|| Bloomies5k|| Barcl.65K|| Cap1 3.25k|| Jcrew 17.65K|| ChaseFree2K|| CSP 5k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: CHANGES TO AMEX SPG....! ABOUT TIME

i thought this was gonna include some bonus categories :-/
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 5
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

This is nice but I believe the AF is going up too....funny did not see that in the email....

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

This is nice but I believe the AF is going up too....funny did not see that in the email....

Yep, that's exactly what I was going to say. The additional benefits aren't all that useful for me since I use it as more of a miles earner instead of using it for stays. I would have been much more impressed with one or two bonus categories that earn 2 points instead of 1. Of course, if they had done that, then they'd lose value for stays at SPG properties. Eventually they'd probably lose the 1 to 1 transfer rate with some partners too.

Given the AF increase I would have preferred that they maintain the status quo. Now the only reason I'm strongly considering keeping it is for the backdating I have on the account. I'll probably only keep it one more year regardless.

Message 4 of 5
noobody
Established Contributor

No ftf is the deciding factor for me to keep the card for non category spending
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.