Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE BP Card...closing my account

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE BP Card...closing my account

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores are 598EQ, 593EX, and 590 TU. I applied for a Capital one card and they offered me the secured card. I will just go ahead and take that and hopefully that will push my scores over 600.

Where did you get your scores??  I ask because we have not been able to purchase our EX FICO's since Feb 09.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe these are not my true FICO scores. I subscribe to transunions truecredit.com for my credit info.

Message 12 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe these are not my true FICO scores. I subscribe to transunions truecredit.com for my credit info.

Yeah...those are FAKO scores.  The reports are accurate tho.

Have you tried sending GW letters for the baddies??  Clean up before rebuilding is always the best approach.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. They have been sending me payoff and settlement letters. I am paying them off one by one, just need to make sure they delete the collections once they are paid.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I will have to agree about Cap1 card. I have heard a lot of folks complain about their cards. CU's are good too, but I get no love from mine. I say that because I had a card with my credit union about 8 years ago. It went into collections and was paid off after derog. When I applied again last year they denied me for a secured card. What about US Bank. I just opened an account with them and I think a bank would be better than a CU.

USBank is great - I think you'll be better off cleaning up your credit a tad more before you app with them.  Having that account open and letting it age, along with a cleaned up report, will have you looking good in their eyes.  They're pretty highly respected, so you'll want to put your best foot forward and keep them around for a very long time.  They will, by the way, soft your credit reports and offer you a card when they think you're ready.

Message 15 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I like US Bank as well, but probably harder to qualify for than Cap1.   Either or both will get you the credit history you need for a future mortgage.  

Message 16 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info. They have been sending me payoff and settlement letters. I am paying them off one by one, just need to make sure they delete the collections once they are paid.

The creditors are NOT obligated to delete anything once paid.  The only thing they have to change is the balance amounts.  That is why you need to send them GW letters.

Who are the baddies from???

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have baddies with Ballys, first premier bank, meta bank, AT&T ( which I totally dispute) all for balances owed well under $1000K. The ballys is the highest with $900 owed. a cell phones bill. Where can I get example good will letter?
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.