Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE CLD

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: CHASE CLD

It is unfortunate when anyone is affected by adverse changes to their accounts. If your limit was substantial, I guess a positive would be the decrease was only $400. If not so high, then I empathize. Do you mind if I ask what part of the country you're in?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
actually when it comes to traveling that much, I like my Amex Charge, they don't need hand holding every time I cross state lines unlike EVERY other bank I carry especially Chase if your charging a lot while out of town.

I have had other issues with PenFed, but when I received my new card, less than 1 month later I traveled by car from Texas through Louisiana, Missisipi, Georgia, and Florida then back again, all in the course of 4 days.  Made purchases all the way along.

I never had a hitch on any expense for fuel, food, pharmacy, misc purchases the entire time.  I kept expecting the fraud alert.  I have never had a cutoff of credit for fraud and never had them call me for any purchases, and I have had online purchases, phone purchases, travel purchases and large ticket item purchases.  They didn't blink....so that was good for my convenience (though maybe bad had my card been stolen Smiley Happy )

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-03-2009 04:45 PM
Message 12 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well they could only come down $400 because of the current balance!

and we live in KY 

Message 13 of 16
MrShush
Valued Contributor

From what I understand, issuers are basically engaging profiling. They conduct risk assessments and depending on geographical location, they may cut or close lines to further mitigate risk. States and localities prone to economic downturn are targeted. It's the same as issuers monitoring the purchases for questionable activity (utilities, liquor, food) as signs of possible financial hardship.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrShush wrote: 
It's the same as issuers monitoring the purchases for questionable activity (utilities, liquor, food) as signs of possible financial hardship.

Actually, my DW's Chase card rewards her for using the card for utilities and food. They are the ones that set her up to pay her bills with the card, and she gets rewards points for the grocery store purchases.  

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just noticed that Chase CLD my formerly WAMU account from $1750 to $900. At least they didn't drop me all together.. yet. My Chase Freedom has been left alone at this point. I carry no signifcant balance on either card. Ive been using my WAMU card for my recurring XM sub. That's it. $16/month hten PIF. I use my Freedom regulary but always PIF. 

Ironically , I logged into my Citi account and had a $750 CLI waiting for me to accept. Smiley Happy  Go figure ...

Message Edited by SteveO on 08-05-2009 07:32 AM
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.