cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE CLOSED ALL MY CC ACCOUNTS?!?!!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE CLOSED ALL MY CC ACCOUNTS?!?!!?!

WOW.  That is crazy.  I have to say I found them to be very conservative when approving my Freedom card and I only applied because they sent me an offer.  My credit line on this card is one of the smallest and I have read a CLI from them is a hard pull and often not woth the hasle.  They def are not a favorite Bank of mine.  I do love the rewards on the Freedom card and use it heavly when the category is good.  I pay in full every month and have been given me one auto cli.   I feel as if they prefer clients with long credit histories.

If they pulled this on me...I would just shut them out and not give them my business.  There are lots of options out there.  I like to diversify and see which cards I really enjoy using.  In the future I will close the ones I dont need or let them close due to lack of use.

Message 171 of 180
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW.  That is crazy.  I have to say I found them to be very conservative when approving my Freedom card and I only applied because they sent me an offer.  My credit line on this card is one of the smallest and I have read a CLI from them is a hard pull and often not woth the hasle.  They def are not a favorite Bank of mine.  I do love the rewards on the Freedom card and use it heavly when the category is good.  I pay in full every month and have been given me one auto cli.   I feel as if they prefer clients with long credit histories.

If they pulled this on me...I would just shut them out and not give them my business.  There are lots of options out there.  I like to diversify and see which cards I really enjoy using.  In the future I will close the ones I dont need or let them close due to lack of use.

While there are lots of issuers out there, it is the case that for some, particularly those focussed on various travel rewards, Chase has a good selection of attractive cards.   This is also why people complain about 5/24, if Chase was just another issuer, it wouldn't be a biggie.

Message 172 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, this definitely caught my attention! Just applied for the Ritz Carlton Rewards card on Saturday 10/01/16, same idea, last card I would be applying for. Hopefully doesn't trigger a review. However made me go ahead close all 4 of my Comenity Cards today. Hoping they report closed ASAP. Haven't seen an inquiry yet from Chase on the Ritz Application yet...

Message 173 of 180
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, buuuuuuut I just read ALL 18 pages of this, as I'm afraid of chase taking AA against me.... Welp there was no closure to this.

OP, it's been over 6 months... Did you get the accounts reopened?

Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 174 of 180
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, buuuuuuut I just read ALL 18 pages of this, as I'm afraid of chase taking AA against me.... Welp there was no closure to this.

Cheers!

What is it that's making you so afraid of AA?

Message 175 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Cheers!

Nope, can't say that I've had any luck on that and it's definetly not from a lack of trying.  Think I've given up on Chase.  I may try sometime next year to to get the Sapphire Reserve but I mainly use AMEX now.  They for now seem to appreciate my business.  I just got the new Business Plus card a week ago.  I have read a post of Doctor of Credit about chase closing alot of accounts on people applying for more than one credit card do avoid getting a double hard pull if you wanna check that out though

Message 176 of 180
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Cheers!

I've opened 6 CC's in the past 12 months and my available credit has gone from ~$35k to $176k in that span (due to new cards and CLI's).

My last card I just applied for was the CSP on Friday and was instantly approved, but I'm nervous when I read stuff like this... I've been extended A LOT of new credit recently. 

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 177 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cashback, they have not taken AA against me (knock on wood) and I have opened tons of new accounts a ton with Chase before 5/24, racked up 72 inqs on Experian, and have a pretty high exposure with them considering my age (19). I believe the post here is more of an outlier, from being on the boards awhile I feel confident that Chase is not prone to AA people that treat them well. Ie always paying on time, no other late payments, etc. 

Message 178 of 180
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Thanks @Rockstar & @tydawg!

I'll keep this thread updated if any AA is taken against me (fingers crossed I don't have to do that). I mean I ALWAYS PIF and have excellent scores, I hope that would factor into me not being a "risk".

Cheers!
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 179 of 180
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Cheers!

I've opened 6 CC's in the past 12 months and my available credit has gone from ~$35k to $176k in that span (due to new cards and CLI's).

My last card I just applied for was the CSP on Friday and was instantly approved, but I'm nervous when I read stuff like this... I've been extended A LOT of new credit recently. 

Cheers!

And do you believe your the first person to do that?

My available credit went from $2600 to just shy of $450,000 in 24 months. Most of that was in 18 months. Just apped for a Chase Amazon a little over a week ago and moved limits around. Chase didn't bat an eye. Not to say they never will, but why worry about it? If their going to do it. There's nothing you can do to stop them.

Life goes on, plenty of other lenders that will gladly take your business.

Message 180 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.