Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE FREEDOM - APPROVED W/ BACKDOOR NUMBER + CLI INCREASE OF INITIAL CL

tag
alanquiroz83
New Visitor

CHASE FREEDOM - APPROVED W/ BACKDOOR NUMBER + CLI INCREASE OF INITIAL CL

soooo I've been rebuilding my credit - no late payments for over 2 years, 6 low limit credit cards, 3 paid off with 0 balances, utliziation at 40%. it's a wonder I was able to get approved. I applied and got the dreaded 'pending decision' message so I called the backdoor number, hung up if I got the vibe I got from the person answering that they were not in a good mood. Eventually, I got a nice woman who was able to approved me for $1000. I waited 1 hour, and did the same method, got a guy this time, who seemed innocent enough, and got him to increase it to $1500. Granted, they were 2 HPs BUT the Chase Freedom is worth it to have a brand name card on mine, not a subprime like merrick, etc...

can't believe I got this! I must say I KNOW I am good on the phone with people and 'sweet talking' them, but it was this forum that gave me courage to call them multiple times to get approved. this is my FIRST good CC. Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: CHASE FREEDOM - APPROVED W/ BACKDOOR NUMBER + CLI INCREASE OF INITIAL CL

Congrats!!! I had the same experience a few days ago. It feels good. This forum has been very helpful to me as well Smiley Wink

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 2 of 6
darkman
Established Member

Congratulations! So similar to my experience today. Reconned 3 times but it definitely was worth it to get the Freedom card.
Message 3 of 6
orl22
New Contributor

@alanquiroz83 wrote:

can't believe I got this! I must say I KNOW I am good on the phone with people and 'sweet talking' them, but it was this forum that gave me courage to call them multiple times to get approved. this is my FIRST good CC. Thanks everyone!

Congrats!!! I'm sure this had everything to do with it. It's a very good card. I've already racked up $30 in rewards so far on a total of about $700 in groceries.

Message 4 of 6
annielorie
Valued Contributor

congrats ! Can I ask what bureau they oulled where you live and your score if you know it???

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 6
rredstick9
Valued Member

Congrats.  What is the back door # to call and what did you say to get them to approve and increase the line?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.