Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE FREEDOM SIGGY?

tag
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: CHASE FREEDOM SIGGY?

OP:

After you've had the card for "13" months, it's just a simple phone call. Personally, I called the executive office, and I received an approval the same day...it's just a manual account review by the way - there is no soft or hard pull involved. With respect to other posters questions...yes, it reports to all 3 bureaus as a flexible spending card, and reports the entire "access line". The signature freedom differs from the normal freedom in that you are allowed to spend above your access line as long as you pay down the amount over your access line by the payment due date....

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 11 of 18
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
1. adds an npsl feature like a charge card. 2. concierge service. 3. access to luxury hotel collection. 4. sometimes get upgrades on hotel rooms, rental cars, etc.
how many of these you get with a specific card is up to the issuer, but those are the basics.

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 12 of 18
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Strangely, when I received my Freedom a year ago, even though I got a starting line of $7,000, I was never issued a siggy. I double checked my card recently and nothing on it states it's a signature card. I'll have to look at my Sapphire when I get back to see if that $10,000 line has anything "signature" on it. Any ideas why they didn't just issue out a signature card for Freedom, guys?

Message 13 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah.. I got approved for $5k on Freedom and did not get the Siggy; they told me to call back in six months for it.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 18
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the replies guys! Ill give chase a call this evening after i get off and see where i get.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 18
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I called them a few days ago to try and upgrade my chase freedom with 6k limit to a visa sig. I've had my card well over 13 months. The rep told me she wasn't sure because usually it says its possible on my account. Let me note I haven't been late on any of my cards since I've had them and have paid all in full every month. So I was wondering why I couldn't get a product change. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She comes on the line and is a total id*ot. She tells me that both the visa sig and regular visa have the same benefits.. Really? Then she tells me the only way I could get it is to reapply in which I would lose all my history with chase because my history would not transfer and I would have a new account.. Really..? This is a whole 30min conversation with me being on hold for 20 of the 30 mins, i was a bit disappointed, i usually get good customer service from chase. I know it's possible to do a product change to visa sig. Gonna contact the executive office today and see what happens. I'll post back here.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 16 of 18
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:
I called them a few days ago to try and upgrade my chase freedom with 6k limit to a visa sig. I've had my card well over 13 months. The rep told me she wasn't sure because usually it says its possible on my account. Let me note I haven't been late on any of my cards since I've had them and have paid all in full every month. So I was wondering why I couldn't get a product change. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She comes on the line and is a total id*ot. She tells me that both the visa sig and regular visa have the same benefits.. Really? Then she tells me the only way I could get it is to reapply in which I would lose all my history with chase because my history would not transfer and I would have a new account.. Really..? This is a whole 30min conversation with me being on hold for 20 of the 30 mins, i was a bit disappointed, i usually get good customer service from chase. I know it's possible to do a product change to visa sig. Gonna contact the executive office today and see what happens. I'll post back here.

The executive office should be able to help you here. Front line CSRs are always a crap shoot.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 17 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Meltdownbltiz, do you have high util on that acct? Idk if I even wanna try to get the Siggy since I owe like $4k out of $5k on my Freedom. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.