Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE FREEDOM?????????????

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

CHASE FREEDOM?????????????

I applied for the chase freedom lil over a hour ago and got the need additional 7-10 message. I immediately called the back door number. Upon transfer to a verification rep. She asked me some questions about my identity and asked that I fax in proof of residence and a driver license for proof of date of birth due to the fraud alert on my credit report. She stated they had pulled transunion. I faxed them a copy of my driver license which has my date of birth and address on it in addition to a ss card and several other proof of residence docs.

Does this mean Im approved or what does this mean?

Please help. Im a nervous reck right now.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Re: CHASE FREEDOM?????????????

I would imagine that if they're asking for verification it's good news. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 2 of 31
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I really hope like heck it is

Message 3 of 31
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's a good sign! Keep us posted.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 31
YahComb
Established Contributor

wow all that? i had a fraud alert and needed verification too but they didnt make me fax anything and i was approved for my cards right on the same call.

just for the record i was denied for freedom the first time in march after i passed verification. But again it was on that same phone call. SO i dont know what theyre waiting for.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 31
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Yes i agree you will be fine. Thats good news!

Message 6 of 31
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

thats' weird they asked for all that... usually they have an automated system that asks you questions that only you would really know.  what the dollar amount of your car loan per month is, what county of these you used to live in, etc.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 7 of 31
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I sure hope so. I thought it was strange as well but complied as this is a must have cc for me.

Message 8 of 31
alboto
Regular Contributor

the norm is 3 questions for verification and you have to get them all right, if you get one out of the three wrong they will ask one more and you have to get it right.

Message 9 of 31
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

She asked me 3 questions. My age, address, and employer name. It was all mulitple choice questions. I clearly know the answer to those questions. What really concern me is only EQ has a fraud alert and TU and EX is fraud alert free. I know those to are fraud alert free because I had to remove it part of my address verification like 2 and half weeks ago for the amex green card I was finally approved for yesterday since it didnt listed a contact telephone number on my credit reports.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.