Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE IHG..I NEED HELP ASAP

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

CHASE IHG..I NEED HELP ASAP

My cousin just got the Chase IHG card or whatever its called..how much is the 60k point bonus worth?? If he spends 1k. and what can he redeem the points for? Cash Back etc??

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Longroad
Established Contributor

Re: CHASE IHG..I NEED HELP ASAP

Nights at IHG hotels
Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And a gentle reminder (for your cousin at least!): it's always a good idea to understand how a card "works" (what spending gets you rewards and how much, and what you can do with those rewards) before applying for it.....

Message 3 of 6
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Why not head to Chase IHG and see what you get? Why is this an ASAP issue as well.

ps you can get 80k send a SM (secure message) to chase and ask about the 80k offer.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 4 of 6
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Really not a bad card at all if you stay at IHG properties with any sort of regularity, but pretty much useless otherwise. This is usually the case with cobrand cards since the af is justified by the perks the card provides (free nights, elite status, etc.).

A quick look at the IHG reward redemption page shows that points can be redeemed at a roughly 4:1 ratio for gift card and 5:1 to various airline programs,so if it came down to it, the bonus is worth at least $150 in gift cards.
EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 5 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

If your cousin has access to the Google machine, that should help explain what benefits the card has.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.