Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE LETTER

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE LETTER

Held my breath but it was a privacy statement.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Established Contributor

Re: CHASE LETTER

@Anonymous wrote:
Held my breath but it was a privacy statement.

I understand why...as many here do!Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
kittygal
New Contributor

Make sure there was no other insert included with the Privacy statement.  I received similar mail from Chase last week that also included a notification of changes to my account.

They raised my APR (not significantly), but you had to read the really tiny print to find that information.

If all you received was the Privacy statement, you are doing well indeed!

Starting Score: 696
Current Score: TU 731 7/30/10 EQ 789 8/23/10
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be VERY careful w/ Chase right now.  They also raised my CC rates this summer, like many other former WAMU customers.  The amount wasn't too extreme.  Since I wanted to keep them open due to unfortunate need to carry a balance right now (Closed a Cap1 last year and haven't replaced), I accepted and kept the account open.  With NO NEW CHARGES or changes in my credit, THEY CLOSED my account less than 60 days later!  Thats right, raise the rates....and give the customer the option to close or accept...then close anyway.  That is as dirty as it gets.  I had 3 checking accounts, a savings and my mortgage w/ them.  I am in the process of replacing them w/ a CU.  It looks like the CU is possibly going to take a BT on a new CC also.

I WILL NOT BE CHASE CUSTOMER ANY MORE!

Message 4 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Be VERY careful w/ Chase right now.  They also raised my CC rates this summer, like many other former WAMU customers.  The amount wasn't too extreme.  Since I wanted to keep them open due to unfortunate need to carry a balance right now (Closed a Cap1 last year and haven't replaced), I accepted and kept the account open.  With NO NEW CHARGES or changes in my credit, THEY CLOSED my account less than 60 days later!  Thats right, raise the rates....and give the customer the option to close or accept...then close anyway.  That is as dirty as it gets.  I had 3 checking accounts, a savings and my mortgage w/ them.  I am in the process of replacing them w/ a CU.  It looks like the CU is possibly going to take a BT on a new CC also.

I WILL NOT BE CHASE CUSTOMER ANY MORE!

You were not alone. Sadly, they did the same thing to many others. Some really took it on the chin for not closing immediately to avoid the initial RJ.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

they had already rate jacked me.  Not to bad --13.24,  cash advance was out if sight though.  don't use anyway.

I used a little more credit this month --2 computers andtrip to the vet)  see what happens.Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.