Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE PRODUCT CHANGE

tag
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

CHASE PRODUCT CHANGE

Hello!

I inquired about product change with Chase; I have a United Airlines Chase card that earns points/miles that is tied to my United Mileage membership.  I'm eligible to for Chase Freedom and the CSR said that it will not be a new application or a hard pull but just convert my current card to a new account/number.  How will this affect my account age/history if it will have a new account number? 

I also got approved with Citi cash Return card - so I got interest on the Chase Freedom but they have so many Chase Freedom products so not sure which one to pick..

Thanks for any advice and clarification...

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE PRODUCT CHANGE

@FICOADDICTED wrote:

Hello!

I inquired about product change with Chase; I have a United Airlines Chase card that earns points/miles that is tied to my United Mileage membership.  I'm eligible to for Chase Freedom and the CSR said that it will not be a new application or a hard pull but just convert my current card to a new account/number.  How will this affect my account age/history if it will have a new account number? 

I also got approved with Citi cash Return card - so I got interest on the Chase Freedom but they have so many Chase Freedom products so not sure which one to pick..

Thanks for any advice and clarification...

Not sure how it will be reported to the bureaus, but if you're debating on products, I HIGHLY recommend the Chase Freedom PLUS card---not the regular Freedom. The regular Freedom caps your bonus (2% over and above the regular 1%) at $600 in purchases ($12 bonus money). There is no cap on the Freedom plus. If you intend to smoke the card and pay it off every month (which I do), the money adds up very quickly. I've got all my utilities on "autopay" with that card, use it for gas and groceries, and my husband uses it for travel. In the first month, we made $42, and that was BEFORE I transferred the utilities to it. Of course, I did get some extra bonus cash by making a couple of Christmas purchases through their online shopping.

This month, I'm conservatively estimating that we'll make about $50. Of course, I make multiple payments, too, to keep from paying interest, but when you put the pen to paper and figure out how much 3% of your cell phone, power, water, gas, cable, groceries and gas expenses are, you can see how quickly it adds up.

Plus, if you save your cash until you accumulate $200 in bonus money, they pay you $250 (an extra $50 bonus). Can you tell that I just LOVE that card? ;-) one caveat:  There is a $30 annual fee (waived the first year) for the Freedom Plus card. I make that back in less than a month, so that's fine by me, but your situation may be different, so keep that in mind, too.

Message 2 of 4
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

thanks for your insight...  very much appreciated.  I may go with Chase Freedom Plus card.
Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FICOADDICTED wrote:
thanks for your insight...  very much appreciated.  I may go with Chase Freedom Plus card.

My pleasure.  :-)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.