Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE Recon?

tag
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

CHASE Recon?

Hi,

My sister decided to app for a CHASE card online. She got a 30 day message. She decided to call 1-888-245-0625, and ask for a reconsideration.

After speaking with an agent, about job/income/etc, how she is with paying bills now, the agent said that a two year ago credit trouble with first premier bank was "not allowing her to override the system" to grant an approval.

Does this mean she shouldn't try calling again to speak with another agent?

Thanks for any feedback..

Message Edited by TKDALLSTAR on 05-13-2008 12:23 PM

Message Edited by TKDALLSTAR on 05-13-2008 12:23 PM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: CHASE Recon?

Probably can't hurt.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I agree. She could try a couple more times. The worst they can do is say no.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it works just went from you have one CC and poor utiz to Welcome to chase, here is your $500 CC, Took 10 mins
Message 4 of 15
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

Is it okay to call them back more that once in the same day?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I waited a Day
Message 6 of 15
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

TKDALLSTAR wrote:
Is it okay to call them back more that once in the same day?

You can call them 20 times and you'll never get the same person....lol.  Call back until you get someone to say yes.  What are they gonna do?  Take away your birthday??  LOL!!  When I finally got approved after 3 calls the guy was laughing at all my previous applications with Chase (8 in the past year) LOL.  I called today and got a recon approval for a New York Life Visa on a denial letter dated 04/15/08.  Luckily I got it on the first call this time, without them pulling my CR, (they used the one they pulled when I apped on the 04/15.)  Just keep trying is my motto.    

date edit

Message Edited by unknown_entity on 05-13-2008 07:16 PM
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 7 of 15
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

Thanks unknown_entity.. I will have my sister give Chase [Recon] another call tomorrow. If all goes well on her end, there could be a possibility I can be approved. Thanks everyone!
Message 8 of 15
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

You are welcome!!  Just remember to be nice, real nice, to them.  When they answer the line and say:  "Hello My name is Mike......" you should say:  "Hi Mike!! my name is....." and start the conversation that way.  I find it beneficial to remember the name of the person you are talking with and use it sparingly during your conversation, preferably right after the word thanks.  That seems to strike a friendly tone with most people.  I'm sure you will do well.  Good Luck!!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 9 of 15
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

unknown_entity, thanks for your prompt replies... Which Chase card did you apply for? I was debating the Chase Honda Card, for services with my Honda Accord Coupe..
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.