cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE SAPPHIRE CUSTOMER SERVICE OUTSTANDING!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE SAPPHIRE CUSTOMER SERVICE OUTSTANDING!!!!

I am definitely loving this card also. First off, love how when I call, direct to someone in the United States. I was calling to add an authorized user, phone call took less then a minute, and expedited without even having to ask for it. I will have no problem paying the annual fee next year if customer service is still top notch like this. 

Message 11 of 22
pakman92
Established Contributor

Why does one care about scratches on a credit card?  My Amex is so worn, I can't hardly make out the numbers, but never thought it to replace it.  Hmm, actually it's kind of pain in the ass, cause it doesn't swipe well unless you do it really fast....

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 12 of 22
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tray wrote:

Okay fico fellow members I did a typo only 2500 = $25.00 LOL

Better than nothing. Im starting to like UR points over MR as there so flexible. 

+1. UR > MR points at the moment. Amex lost another transfer partner today too.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

Haven't had my CSP for long, but the few times (activation and a simple question), their customer service has been exemplary, which is what I've come to expect having dealt with their INK dept prior to my personal card.

The UR program is amazingly elegant and intuitive to use.  The 1:1 transfer to Hyatt is an amazing deal.  This alone is worth keeping the card especially with the 2X points on the all important restaurant category.  With AmEx losing Priority Club, it seems as if MR is destined to be an "airline" only program, while the UR program appears to be gaining some momentum.

This card is definitely a keeper, especially since it's the only program (that I'm aware of) that transfers to UA 1:1.

Message 14 of 22
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I have an Amex Gold, and I have to be honest, I think the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa card beats the Amex hands down. There service is AWESOME.

I have had to call in there for dispute and other things, they are very customer service friendly, I ALWAYS have gotten someone in the US and they answer

right away. I would rather pay the $95 per year than $175 to Amex for foreign call centers and mediocre service. Plus Membership Rewards makes you wait two to three months before getting your points. I got my 50,000 bonus points (which equals $500) and went to Best Buy and bought a new Dyson vacuum.  Plus they take it everywhere.

I am going to probably cut Amex loose when my free year is up.

Message 15 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

I have an Amex Gold, and I have to be honest, I think the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa card beats the Amex hands down. There service is AWESOME.

I have had to call in there for dispute and other things, they are very customer service friendly, I ALWAYS have gotten someone in the US and they answer

right away. I would rather pay the $95 per year than $175 to Amex for foreign call centers and mediocre service. 

Hard to argue against your reasoning on the CSP being a better value for the dollar than the PR Gold.

In my view, with the only scenario where I find the PR Gold a better value than the CSP if you were to primarily purchase airline tickets and spend $30k per year for the year end bonus.  This will make the PR Gold a better value for airline travel.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear. I am 99% sure once my UA Explorer card is a full year old and the annual fee is due I am going to switch to the CSP. I will lose the perks of the UA card but since I can pack everything I need for my trips in a backpack and carry on, and it fits under the seat, priority boarding and a free bag isn't a big deal, and I am indifferent about 2 club passes.

The CSP has a higher earning rate with the 7% points dividend, and 2 points on all travel and dining expenses.

I value aspirational awards for my travel rewards and when I spend money I fly coach and stay in a cheap hotel, would be nice to use points for an upgrade on UA, or stay in a Hyatt or Mariott from time to time. Southwest is also the biggest airline at my home airport so having them as a transfer partner is also a plus.

I know UR doesn't have many transfer partners, but two of the airlines in UA and southwest are the two best options out of my airport, and Hyatt, Mariott, and priority club hotels can be a great value.

Membership rewards still have more transfer options, but Delta isnt a good choice from my home airport, and since it is small there are no international flights so all the other airline partners are out of the question, the leftover hotel partners for MR aren't good since Hilton is the best option left and transferring MR points to starwood is a bad deal since it is 3:1, and MR has lost many partners lately there is no reason to have an AMEX gold or platinum unless you live in a delta hub and spend enough to earn the 15k bonus on the gold.

Ultimate rewards is hands down the better program right now, hopefully someday membership rewards improves as they are losing partners right and left, and a lot of their partners transfer points at very unfavorable rates.

Message 17 of 22
adavis425
Established Contributor

@tray wrote:

Well i recieved my chase sapphire preferred card in the mail today and to my surprise the card had mutilple scratches on the front of the card and on the back strip as well so I called customer service just to let it be reported on my account in case I needed a replacement card but the customer service rep said she is sending another card out overnight ups service and to top if off even gave me a 25,000 bonus points towards my account stating it was $25.00 this is unbelievable customer service you gotta luv it.

I see why you would call because of scratches. I got mine in the mail today and what a NICE card!! Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 18 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to hear. I am 99% sure once my UA Explorer card is a full year old and the annual fee is due I am going to switch to the CSP. I will lose the perks of the UA card but since I can pack everything I need for my trips in a backpack and carry on, and it fits under the seat, priority boarding and a free bag isn't a big deal, and I am indifferent about 2 club passes.

The CSP has a higher earning rate with the 7% points dividend, and 2 points on all travel and dining expenses.

I value aspirational awards for my travel rewards and when I spend money I fly coach and stay in a cheap hotel, would be nice to use points for an upgrade on UA, or stay in a Hyatt or Mariott from time to time. Southwest is also the biggest airline at my home airport so having them as a transfer partner is also a plus.

I know UR doesn't have many transfer partners, but two of the airlines in UA and southwest are the two best options out of my airport, and Hyatt, Mariott, and priority club hotels can be a great value.

Membership rewards still have more transfer options, but Delta isnt a good choice from my home airport, and since it is small there are no international flights so all the other airline partners are out of the question, the leftover hotel partners for MR aren't good since Hilton is the best option left and transferring MR points to starwood is a bad deal since it is 3:1, and MR has lost many partners lately there is no reason to have an AMEX gold or platinum unless you live in a delta hub and spend enough to earn the 15k bonus on the gold.

Ultimate rewards is hands down the better program right now, hopefully someday membership rewards improves as they are losing partners right and left, and a lot of their partners transfer points at very unfavorable rates.

Very sound reasoning, and well thought out.

The more I use, the more I see the value of the CSP, especially when combined with a Chase checking and the Freedom.  You're right, the UR program is certainly head and shoulders above the MR with Hotel partners and UA + Southwest, which are two of the more important carriers Stateside.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its kinda bad for me in a way because Delta owns my state. I keep MR earning cards for this reason but am thinking of using UR points to pay for a flight do to the 20% bonus. May not be the best redemption but I dont see me using the points for anything else in the near future.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.