Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED WORRIES/CONCERNS

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED WORRIES/CONCERNS

spin like a top and make them cry.  words to live by.  lol but really congrats on your results

Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

spin like a top and make them cry.  words to live by.  lol but really congrats on your results

I know, it sounds unbelievable doesn't it? Even impossible right? 

Hard to comprehend hey!

Message 42 of 50
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Crazy isn't it?

not to me, I am driven by results, does not matter how they happen just that they do happen.  as ric branson says, enjoy the ride!

Message 43 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Crazy isn't it?

not to me, I am driven by results, does not matter how they happen just that they do happen.  as ric branson says, enjoy the ride!

Exactly, you said it. Results. Stay focused, learn what relentless means and get it done.

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed--

Message 45 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh--I almost forgot--

For accounts that are closed, do I need to worry about requesting goodwill adjustments?  These are accounts that I didnt close, but that were closed by the creditor at least 3-4 years ago.

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh--I almost forgot--

For accounts that are closed, do I need to worry about requesting goodwill adjustments?  These are accounts that I didnt close, but that were closed by the creditor at least 3-4 years ago.

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh--I almost forgot--

If they are reporting derogatory in any way, yes. Closed accounts reporting unsatisfactory will hold down your scores.

Message 47 of 50
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

The easiest way for you to get a CSP is to use your FU consistantly, paying it on time and keep checking the "Your Offers" section of the website.  Eventually you will get a green checkmark on the CSP.  I went from no cards and the only thing on my report a 14 year old auto loan with Chase,  to a Freedom in January of 16, an FU in Oct. 16 and a CSP in April of 17.  Score never about about 670, held down by utilization and AAoA.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reallly?  That's awesome.

I've only had my FU card since late April.  I hope I have the same results as you with the CSP...

Message 49 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

To touch back on getting A CSP with a "dirty file" - consider me for data points.

Instant approval on CSP for $5k (eg just barely) after pre-approval on chase.com. Scores at time were all in 670-680 range, 2-4 inq depending on who you asked, 3 new accounts in last 30 days, util under 8%, 3 recently paid closed medical collections, 1 30day late on Cap1 from 2013. Aaoa ~4 years, oldest 15 years. Household income $85k.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.