Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED WORRIES/CONCERNS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED WORRIES/CONCERNS

Sorry if I was again unclear--

The 27 refers to the lines of credit--not actual cards.  The only cards I have to date:

FU 1.5K
Amazon Prime 500
Barclaycard 2K

Brooks Brothers 1K
CareCredit 5.9K
CarCare 500
Capital One 1.4K

I thought closing cards screws with your utilization?

Message 31 of 50
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The 27 refers to the lines of credit--not actual cards.  The only cards I have to date:

FU 1.5K
Amazon Prime 500
Barclaycard 2K

Brooks Brothers 1K
CareCredit 5.9K
CarCare 500
Capital One 1.4K

the reality is I am still fried from the music in blade runner, its not you haha.  man that is a lot of credit lines.. your card lines are low, when do you negs fall off and do you have any derogs?  do not apply for more credit until you sort of profile out, something is holding you back

Message 32 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FU 1.5K
Amazon Prime 500
Barclaycard 2K

Brooks Brothers 1K
CareCredit 5.9K
CarCare 500
Capital One 1.4K

the reality is I am still fried from the music in blade runner, its not you haha.  man that is a lot of credit lines.. your card lines are low, when do you negs fall off and do you have any derogs?  do not apply for more credit until you sort of profile out, something is holding you back

The lates are whats holding the OP back..........

ddh4, don't close anything and don't apply for anything. Let what you have age and work on getting the lates deleted.

Message 33 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the plan it seems..... My plan is to send 'goodwill letters' to the actual bureaus every month--I've heard some people say that works.

Message 34 of 50
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's the plan it seems..... My plan is to send 'goodwill letters' to the actual bureaus every month--I've heard some people say that works.

you need to spend some more time looking at older posts, bureaus don't remove lates, originators sometimes do.  let it go for a while until you have time under your lates

Message 35 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You DO NOT send goodwill letters to the bureaus. They will throw them directly into the closest trash can.

You send goodwill requests to the creditor that are reporting the lates.

Message 36 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duly noted--Another clarification I needed.

Did you send goodwill letters in yourself for our own profile--or, did you simply have to wait (all while being a responsible credit user)?.

Message 37 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you send goodwill letters in yourself for our own profile--or, did you simply have to wait (all while being a responsible credit user)?.

Not sure what you mean?

You would write up a goodwill letter unique to your situation. Meaning, your letter has to make the reader feel for you. You want it to bring tears to their eyes, you want that letter to be powerful as your begging for forgiveness.

Do some reading before you do anything. If you just send a run of the mill goodwill letter that you found on line that thousands of others used because they didn't make the time to write their own and the responses from the creditors were a BIG FAT NO.

Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what you mean?

You would write up a goodwill letter unique to your situation. Meaning, your letter has to make the reader feel for you. You want it to bring tears to their eyes, you want that letter to be powerful as your begging for forgiveness.

Do some reading before you do anything. If you just send a run of the mill goodwill letter that you found on line that thousands of others used because they didn't make the time to write their own and the responses from the creditors were a BIG FAT NO.

At one time, I had more derogatory and delinquent accounts it would make you spin like a top.

With a lot of time and effort, I had every single derogatory and baddie deleted without the worry of them ever reappearing. Including judgements.

I paid everyone and then spent months cleaning my files until perfection.

Late's were the easiest for me. Write your own letters as I said, and make them cry.

Message 39 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha-- and kudos to your persistence.  Hopefully I can follow suit.

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.