CHASE SENT ME

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE SENT ME

some checks to use.  0% 'tll 2011.  First ones

I ever got since they took over WAMU.

Has anyone used these?

I've used the cap one checks before.  OK.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: CHASE SENT ME

I got a couple sets of checks for BTs with my CLI letter they sent last week. Two were for 0%, and another two were for something very low (sub 4%).

Message 2 of 8
jefftca925
Established Contributor

All I've read about BT checks with Chase is that they are ticking time-bombs.  I would NEVER BT, take a cash advance, or anything like that with them.  They've CLD a lot of folks with those things.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 3 of 8
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Didn't get checks from Chase, but Citicards has sent me 4 letters with 4 checks attached each for the balance transfer offer at 0% until August 2011. They tell me I can use the checks for anything, just like the old convenience checks I used to get from Citi, they do not have to be specific to balance transfers. I called a CSR at Citi and asked about the 'convenience check fee' that they usually tack on for using the checks and she told me that it would not apply for these checks...in other words, according to the CSR, there is no 'fee' up to and through August 2011 for using the checks.

I'm thinking of writing myself a check in the next few weeks, deposit in my bank account, and see how it works out. I'll pay the amount in full before the due date and if they're not going to nick me with the fee, it might be worth it to use for 'emergency cash' later on.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

some checks to use.  0% 'tll 2011.  First ones

I ever got since they took over WAMU.

Has anyone used these?

I've used the cap one checks before.  OK.

I am also an EX WAMU customer turned Chase then Slate. They sent me the same checks in the mail a week or so ago.  I havent used them.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to get a new stackable washer and dryer.

Since Cap One rate jacked me I'm thinking of

using a Chase check.

Like I said this is the first good thing they

have ever done for me.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jefftca925 wrote:

All I've read about BT checks with Chase is that they are ticking time-bombs.  I would NEVER BT, take a cash advance, or anything like that with them.  They've CLD a lot of folks with those things.

That's true. Happened to me 3 months ago with my Amazon Chase.

My CL went from $5000 to $2900 after BTing $2500 to pay off Discover.

Filed complaint with BBB, Chase called me about the complaint and said they will try reverse it.

A few days later, they wrote me saying their CLD decision was final.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

That's true. Happened to me 3 months ago with my Amazon Chase.

My CL went from $5000 to $2900 after BTing $2500 to pay off Discover.

Filed complaint with BBB, Chase called me about the complaint and said they will try reverse it.

A few days later, they wrote me saying their CLD decision was final.

eww. i have this card too...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.