Reply
Valued Contributor
casinoannie97
Posts: 1,989
Registered: ‎08-17-2007

CHASE SENT ME

some checks to use.  0% 'tll 2011.  First ones

I ever got since they took over WAMU.

 

Has anyone used these?

 

I've used the cap one checks before.  OK.

 

Established Contributor
stan_the_man
Posts: 855
Registered: ‎06-29-2010

Re: CHASE SENT ME

I got a couple sets of checks for BTs with my CLI letter they sent last week. Two were for 0%, and another two were for something very low (sub 4%).

Established Contributor
jefftca925
Posts: 674
Registered: ‎08-14-2008

Re: CHASE SENT ME

All I've read about BT checks with Chase is that they are ticking time-bombs.  I would NEVER BT, take a cash advance, or anything like that with them.  They've CLD a lot of folks with those things.

CCs: Chase Freedom VISA Sig/World MC 2k/6.9k, CSP VISA Sig 5k, BofA Amex 12.5k, Discover 10.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig 12.5k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 9.2k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom Visa Sig 10k, Amex Zync, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR Visa Sig 17k, Amex BCP 9.5k, Amex Blue 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 4k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR Visa 15k, Chase United Visa Sig 13k, Chase Marriott Visa Sig 8k, Citi Simplicity 11.4k, PayPal MC 5k, Compass Visa 4k, WF Visa Sig 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sig 10.8k, Capital One QS Visa 3k, FRN MC 12k, Vitacost MC 12k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k... FICOs as of March '14...EQ 808 TU 807 EX ?
Regular Contributor
IrishPM
Posts: 148
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: CHASE SENT ME

Didn't get checks from Chase, but Citicards has sent me 4 letters with 4 checks attached each for the balance transfer offer at 0% until August 2011. They tell me I can use the checks for anything, just like the old convenience checks I used to get from Citi, they do not have to be specific to balance transfers. I called a CSR at Citi and asked about the 'convenience check fee' that they usually tack on for using the checks and she told me that it would not apply for these checks...in other words, according to the CSR, there is no 'fee' up to and through August 2011 for using the checks.

 

I'm thinking of writing myself a check in the next few weeks, deposit in my bank account, and see how it works out. I'll pay the amount in full before the due date and if they're not going to nick me with the fee, it might be worth it to use for 'emergency cash' later on.

New Contributor
JustinIND
Posts: 67
Registered: ‎09-19-2007

Re: CHASE SENT ME


casinoannie97 wrote:

some checks to use.  0% 'tll 2011.  First ones

I ever got since they took over WAMU.

 

Has anyone used these?

 

I've used the cap one checks before.  OK.

 


I am also an EX WAMU customer turned Chase then Slate. They sent me the same checks in the mail a week or so ago.  I havent used them.

Valued Contributor
casinoannie97
Posts: 1,989
Registered: ‎08-17-2007

Re: CHASE SENT ME

I want to get a new stackable washer and dryer.

Since Cap One rate jacked me I'm thinking of

using a Chase check.

 

Like I said this is the first good thing they

have ever done for me.

 

Frequent Contributor
Solarjuju
Posts: 335
Registered: ‎04-04-2008

Re: CHASE SENT ME


jefftca925 wrote:

All I've read about BT checks with Chase is that they are ticking time-bombs.  I would NEVER BT, take a cash advance, or anything like that with them.  They've CLD a lot of folks with those things.


That's true. Happened to me 3 months ago with my Amazon Chase.

My CL went from $5000 to $2900 after BTing $2500 to pay off Discover.

Filed complaint with BBB, Chase called me about the complaint and said they will try reverse it.

A few days later, they wrote me saying their CLD decision was final.

 

 

 

Contributor
Alexandria
Posts: 98
Registered: ‎01-14-2008

Re: CHASE SENT ME

 


Solarjuju wrote:

jefftca925 wrote:

All I've read about BT checks with Chase is that they are ticking time-bombs.  I would NEVER BT, take a cash advance, or anything like that with them.  They've CLD a lot of folks with those things.


That's true. Happened to me 3 months ago with my Amazon Chase.

My CL went from $5000 to $2900 after BTing $2500 to pay off Discover.

Filed complaint with BBB, Chase called me about the complaint and said they will try reverse it.

A few days later, they wrote me saying their CLD decision was final.

 

 

 


eww. i have this card too...

 


Starting Score: 626 (July '10)
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+