Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE SLATE CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE SLATE CLI

Hi guys, I recently applied and was approved for the CHASE Fredom and Slate card.... yay.  The Freedom card gave me a $3,300 limit but the Slate only gave me $1,000.  I tried calling backdoor number but was transferred to Customer Service and was told that all CLI require another HP.  Anyway to get around this?  Does CHASE give auto CLI?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bengalikejenga
Regular Contributor

Re: CHASE SLATE CLI

From what i heard, they give Auto CLI, but they are often few and far between.... but most CLI with chase are usually Hard pulls, only if expressly stated that it would be a soft pull. but your mileage would vary. 

Ex681 Tu694 EQ708
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLIs and Chase are like oil and water.  They don't mix well.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a letter in the mail not too long ago for a CLI for my Chase Freedom. It is my most used card and I have had it for years. I was surprised to receive the letter and jumped on it right away when it stated there would be no HP. My Slate card was converted years ago from a student card (they did it, I did not even request it) but my available limit is one of my lowest because I've never requested an increase. I never use that card because there are no rewards but I'm excited to see they will now offer a FICO score.
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried calling backdoor number but was transferred to Customer Service and was told that all CLI require another HP.

Nope.  You have to determine which is more important to you.  Also keep in mind that you can reallocate limits with Chase.

@Anonymous wrote:

Does CHASE give auto CLI?

They do but I don't recommend counting on them.  I've never seen an auto CLI with Chase.  That said, my wife has received several.  They seem to be rare if you rely on forum posts (which is always a tricky thing) for statistics.

@Anonymous wrote:

The Freedom card gave me a $3,300 limit but the Slate only gave me $1,000.

Also keep in mind that creditors do not simply match limits.  Having X on a card doesn't guarantee that you qualify for X on another card -- even with the same creditor.  Your credit isn't static and has changed since you were approved for the first card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.