Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE Slate - How much credit score needed

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

CHASE Slate - How much credit score needed

Whats the minimum credit score needed for CHASE Slate? 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: CHASE Slate - How much credit score needed

@sghosh5 wrote:

Whats the minimum credit score needed for CHASE Slate? 

I would say around mid-600s, though depending on what your credit profile looks like that could be lower. Try the chase.com prequalifier site to see if you get any offers.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 13
700GIRL
New Visitor

Hi~

How did you get all those credit cards with a 499 score? or did you get them with the more current scores? I get denied for everything that I apply for. Im working on my credit now so my score is going up. currenltly in the high 400's (485) Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I didn't get any card with a score of 499. Applied for a secured card and was added as authorized user on my wife's prime cards. Thats how my scores jumped. After that i got rest of the card over the past few months

Message 4 of 13
700GIRL
New Visitor

Cool! Thanks for responding! Im so excited about rebuliding my credit! I want to get at least a 700! I have a US bank secured card so far. Had it now for about 10 months so I was told I should up the amount from 500.00 to 2000.00 instead of getting a new secured card. I dont have anyone with credit cards to add me so Im on my way in this one..Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
JSS3
Valued Contributor

AAoA = 6months

Pulled: Transunion and Experian

Score: 760

Approved for- 2,500

Inquiries at the time of pull: TU-4, Ex-3

Message 6 of 13
Mellon
Established Contributor

I was approved Friday for $4,000 my score was 685 EX, around 18%util

Message 7 of 13
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

you are right. adding another card will result additional inquiry. Add more money on the existing secured card and try to pay it full or keep the utilization low. I have been paying in full. If you read my past posts you will see how i started and how far i came through. I am eying on 700 next year when few of my major collections will drop off. Then I will go for prime cards on my own. 

Message 8 of 13
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Don't waste an INQ on Chase right now.  With your score where it is, it will be an instant denial. 

Work with your US Bank card.  Up it to $2K if you can.  It will help with utilization as well as when you graduate the card, have a higher credit limit.  

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 9 of 13
700iswhatiwish4

Thanks for the advise!!! I just joined the gardening Group! Im done applying for credit right now until those inquires drop off. Did I mention that for EQUIFAX it states I have 70!!!! Once those drop off my score should improve, right?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.