Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE canceled my wife's Credit card she had with WAMU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE canceled my wife's Credit card she had with WAMU

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I may be having to relocate, due to employer whim, and get an apartment. Many apartments in the area where I would be living take CC payments for your rent. Add in utilities, cell phones, internet, gas, groceries, and all the other dreary realities of life, and you can get some serious CC usage going, if your providers cooperate.

I rarely have more than a couple of bucks in my wallet. All my expenses go on plastic, and each card is paid in full every month. It's just a case of choosing to pay in this manner rather than with cash. Simpler, more convenient, etc.

I use credit card for EVERYTHING that will take a credit card.  I have 6 kids.  Short of my house payment and car payment, buy on plastic (but using like a debit and PIF unless I get 0% interest or something):

1.  Groceries up to $1200 per month (household of 8)

2.  Gas $300 per month

3.  Cell phones $300 per month (me, DW, kids)

4.  Electric $300-500 per month (depends on month) and can be higher

5.  Home phone with internet $120 per month

6.  Satellite TV $90 per month

7.  ScoreWatch $10 per month

8.  CreditCheckTotal.com  $9.95 per month

9.  Magazine Subscriptions $20 per month

10. Auto insurance $175 per month

11. Out to eat, movies, entertainment $250 per month

12.  Kid braces $225 per month

13.  Health Club membership dues

14.  Association and other membership dues

15.  AAA roadside assistance

16.  Business related expenses and reimburseables

Then there is the occassional travel, medical copays, clothing, auto maintenance, home maintenance/improvement, etc, etc, etc.

There is no problem spending $3000 per month for me, and more.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-16-2009 06:13 PM
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was not intending to be rude or disrespectful in any way.  I have learned much from these forums and appreciate all the help and advice.  I am making progress along with a lot of others, slowly but surely.  Interesting concept you have there Hauling - I will take it under consideration for my situation as well, in the future.  Right now my focus is to simply lower my mountain of past utilization.  Thanks to everyone for your help and posts.
Message 12 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sayre wrote:
I was not intending to be rude or disrespectful in any way.  I have learned much from these forums and appreciate all the help and advice.  I am making progress along with a lot of others, slowly but surely.  Interesting concept you have there Hauling - I will take it under consideration for my situation as well, in the future.  Right now my focus is to simply lower my mountain of past utilization.  Thanks to everyone for your help and posts.

Oh, no, I don't think anyone took it that way! Smiley Surprised

It's just that many people still think of credit cards as a means of financing purchases over time. Those of us who are allergic to having balances have found new and entertaining ways of using our cards. Seriously, my 82-year-old mother thinks that I'm completely insane.

Congrats on tackling your mountain!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that reducing balances is a GREAT goal and plan.  My use is PIF and debit style use to gain the advantages of REWARDS, convenience and purchase protections offered by CC's, easy 1 payment to pay all the bills, etc.

I applaude all who are working on reducing the carried balances accumulated over the past.

Good Luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card was used for business reimbursibles - of course had some rewards to it. Now if chase doesn't do right by me I am going to another bank, must start over but I agree that this is how things go sometimes.

On another note this is a way to fight back

Mine cancelled as well - I would suggest for everyone involved to send official notice to atty generals office as well as log complaint with the BBB on this. I logged 3 complaints against chase this morning and will log 3 per day until the situation gets resolved.  Here is the proper BBB to log a complaint against chase

BBB of Delaware (New Castle, DE)
60 Reads Way
New Castle, DE 19720
Phone: (302)230-0108
Fax: (302)230-0116
Email: info@delaware.bbb.org
Web: www.delaware.bbb.org

If not when you put the proper information in the system this is the bbb local office that should pop up. Flood the gates with propaganda and things will change.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.