Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE closed my 5 year-old credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE closed my 5 year-old credit card

I would also like to add that I had my credit card closed by chase this past month and also my newest card that I got in March had its credit limit slashed more than half.  The card that was closed was my oldest one that I had for 3 and a half years and it had a decent credit limit of 3500.  The newest card that I got from chase had a 5000 limit and after they closed my other account they decided to slash my limit to 2000.  So in a time of about two weeks I had my available credit limit slashed about 40%.  So pretty much there going to destroy my credit score.  And all of this happened with only a notice of that mail that I got and the reason was high utilization of some credit card that I had.  Yes I am running a decent balance on one of my cards but its only like 10% of my total credit.  And also I have a credit score in the mid to low 700s... around 730 or so.  So all I have to say is im lucky that I dont need a good credit score as of now since im done getting loans for school n such.  Like I could see them killing my oldest credit card but slashing the limit on my card that I had for less than 6 months is ubsurd.  I tried contacting them and they forwarded to the right officials but im sure I won't get anywhere.. freakin chase.
Message Edited by ike2187 on 07-24-2009 05:41 PM
Message 81 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I have to respectfully disagree with the assertion of threadjacking. I am no fan of usmc's viewpoints in general, but in this thread, his initial post was in direct response to the previous post, relevant to the general topic, and not a threadjack."

Thanks for sticking up for us in this case - we all have an opinion and let's be professional enough to let all of us have a say.

PM me if anything else comes to mind - infact anyone PM me if you have a cross to bear.

Peace and Love

Message 82 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I wanted to clarify the reason I am upset and probably why a number of other people are upset as well, because I have noticed people stating that Chase is just doing what they needed to do.

Anyway the big problem I have with the way they closed the accounts is not that I wasn't warned, or that I am mad because they chose my account to close."

"I am not a Chase lover either.  I moved all of my accounts out of Chase in the past few weeks.  They will be sorry for how they are treating their customers, it will come back to haunt them in the future. "

Not my words.....

Message 83 of 84
Scamp
Valued Contributor

OP's questions appear to have been answered, and this thread has rambled long enough with non-productive back-and-forthing amongst other posters, so it's now locked.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 84 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.