Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE considering AU accounts.

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

CHASE considering AU accounts.

I keep hearing people say on here that Chase does not take AU accounts into consideration during the app process. I would like to know where this data comes from? I'm hoping the utilization on my DH's Macys card (that I am an AU on) will not affect their decision.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CHASE considering AU accounts.

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I keep hearing people say on here that Chase does not take AU accounts into consideration during the app process. I would like to know where this data comes from? I'm hoping the utilization on my DH's Macys card (that I am an AU on) will not affect their decision.

Many lenders discount AU's on manual review, to the point the initial FICO '08 model discounted them even but that change was retracted.

Usually though that's for artificial postitive inflation of the FICO score; in your case where the utilization is a factor that may be a different story.  I suspect if you're have a borderline file and score, and if it does trigger a manual review, they may see that and discount it... or they may not.  It's hard to say in your situation as it's pretty unusual.  I would say if the Macy's card is affecting your utilization, and if that's a comon occurrence, that's a good reason to get rid of it.  If it's a one time event, and you' wind up having to recon, just give them a story as to why it's there and it's probably solveable anyway, I don't think it's an auto-reject issue.

        
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

For the purpose of using AUs to establish your rev history, Chase wants individual credit history established. Your DHs util will be viewed and may effect their decision
Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
For the purpose of using AUs to establish your rev history, Chase wants individual credit history established. Your DHs util will be viewed and may effect their decision

Lexie, do youhave a problem with your 'p' key?  This is the second time I've seen 'rev' when I'm pretty certain you meant 'prev.' Smiley Happy

        
Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
@Revelate

I meant revolving not previous.

Danke!  Was confuzzled Smiley Happy.

        
Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.