Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE!!!!!!!! could it be....

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

CHASE!!!!!!!! could it be....

So after 5 months of prepping for this app, I couldn't resist anymore even if I should of wait 3 more months. I apped for this app probably 3-5 times now. First time, with my lack of knowledge, I apped for the freedom card with no credit history at all at the age of 18 and was flat out denied. Then, apped again after 3 or 4 months of credit history with one WF card and was denied for lack of credit again. Then, decided to apped again after 8 months of credit and ended up getting denied for the same reason. At about 11 months, i find out about this website and one of the things I did first and recommend is to pull your reports once a year (Free). Found out much of the accounts were not my. Ended up correcting it and thought I'll go for it again, which was denied. At that point I got fed up with chase and take their advise and wait til I have over a year of credit history. So here I am today with 1.3 years of credit history, 1% utilization, aaoa of 6 months, 19 years old, fulltime student making only 10k a year, and a much of knowledge I learned from myfico (thanks a lot!). 

I finally Apped today and to your knowledge I got the dredded further review message. So, I called in right after and spoke with a credit analysis and he said................... that I was put on further verification status and it will only take couple minutes to process. Then, I was put on hold and I'm thinking "I might be in this time." He came back and said "sir, you have been approved for the chase freedom card with the CL of 2k" and I...Smiley LOLSmiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy Wow after all this time, I finally got the last card I wanted until my Graduation goal CSP. 

Regarding the further verification status, I think thats gonna happen for the rest of my life because of the CR mixup and that I have the same name as my sister. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: CHASE!!!!!!!! could it be....

Message 2 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Glad it finally worked for you Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

So after 5 months of prepping for this app, I couldn't resist anymore even if I should of wait 3 more months. I apped for this app probably 3-5 times now. First time, with my lack of knowledge, I apped for the freedom card with no credit history at all at the age of 18 and was flat out denied. Then, apped again after 3 or 4 months of credit history with one WF card and was denied for lack of credit again. Then, decided to apped again after 8 months of credit and ended up getting denied for the same reason. At about 11 months, i find out about this website and one of the things I did first and recommend is to pull your reports once a year (Free). Found out much of the accounts were not my. Ended up correcting it and thought I'll go for it again, which was denied. At that point I got fed up with chase and take their advise and wait til I have over a year of credit history. So here I am today with 1.3 years of credit history, 1% utilization, aaoa of 6 months, 19 years old, fulltime student making only 10k a year, and a much of knowledge I learned from myfico (thanks a lot!). 

I finally Apped today and to your knowledge I got the dredded further review message. So, I called in right after and spoke with a credit analysis and he said................... that I was put on further verification status and it will only take couple minutes to process. Then, I was put on hold and I'm thinking "I might be in this time." He came back and said "sir, you have been approved for the chase freedom card with the CL of 2k" and I...Smiley LOLSmiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy Wow after all this time, I finally got the last card I wanted until my Graduation goal CSP. 

Regarding the further verification status, I think thats gonna happen for the rest of my life because of the CR mixup and that I have the same name as my sister. 

Yay!!! way to go and congrats on the approval!!! Especially knowing that you had been wanting the card for so long!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 14
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys couldn't done it without yall. Time to head back to garden for the next few years.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 5 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

At last -congrats!

Message 6 of 14
JonStur
Established Contributor

It's a great card..nice!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 14
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it's definitely one of the best card out there. I can't believe they gave me 2k as a starting limit. I thought it was gonna be like 500 or something, but hey at least I know I'm doing good with my credits.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 8 of 14
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Why do you mean by saying 1.3 years?

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 9 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations!!! Too bad it took so many tries, but Chase is generally inflexible about that the 1 year credit history requirement, but a 2k limit is a great place to start!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.