Frequent Contributor

CHASE!!!!!!!! could it be....

So after 5 months of prepping for this app, I couldn't resist anymore even if I should of wait 3 more months. I apped for this app probably 3-5 times now. First time, with my lack of knowledge, I apped for the freedom card with no credit history at all at the age of 18 and was flat out denied. Then, apped again after 3 or 4 months of credit history with one WF card and was denied for lack of credit again. Then, decided to apped again after 8 months of credit and ended up getting denied for the same reason. At about 11 months, i find out about this website and one of the things I did first and recommend is to pull your reports once a year (Free). Found out much of the accounts were not my. Ended up correcting it and thought I'll go for it again, which was denied. At that point I got fed up with chase and take their advise and wait til I have over a year of credit history. So here I am today with 1.3 years of credit history, 1% utilization, aaoa of 6 months, 19 years old, fulltime student making only 10k a year, and a much of knowledge I learned from myfico (thanks a lot!). 

I finally Apped today and to your knowledge I got the dredded further review message. So, I called in right after and spoke with a credit analysis and he said................... that I was put on further verification status and it will only take couple minutes to process. Then, I was put on hold and I'm thinking "I might be in this time." He came back and said "sir, you have been approved for the chase freedom card with the CL of 2k" and I...:smileylol::smileysurprised::smileyvery-happy: Wow after all this time, I finally got the last card I wanted until my Graduation goal CSP. 

Regarding the further verification status, I think thats gonna happen for the rest of my life because of the CR mixup and that I have the same name as my sister. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)

Re: CHASE!!!!!!!! could it be....

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Glad it finally worked for you :smileylol:

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
Last app 01/15/2015
Valued Contributor

CredittotheMax wrote:

So after 5 months of prepping for this app, I couldn't resist anymore even if I should of wait 3 more months. I apped for this app probably 3-5 times now. First time, with my lack of knowledge, I apped for the freedom card with no credit history at all at the age of 18 and was flat out denied. Then, apped again after 3 or 4 months of credit history with one WF card and was denied for lack of credit again. Then, decided to apped again after 8 months of credit and ended up getting denied for the same reason. At about 11 months, i find out about this website and one of the things I did first and recommend is to pull your reports once a year (Free). Found out much of the accounts were not my. Ended up correcting it and thought I'll go for it again, which was denied. At that point I got fed up with chase and take their advise and wait til I have over a year of credit history. So here I am today with 1.3 years of credit history, 1% utilization, aaoa of 6 months, 19 years old, fulltime student making only 10k a year, and a much of knowledge I learned from myfico (thanks a lot!). 

I finally Apped today and to your knowledge I got the dredded further review message. So, I called in right after and spoke with a credit analysis and he said................... that I was put on further verification status and it will only take couple minutes to process. Then, I was put on hold and I'm thinking "I might be in this time." He came back and said "sir, you have been approved for the chase freedom card with the CL of 2k" and I...:smileylol::smileysurprised::smileyvery-happy: Wow after all this time, I finally got the last card I wanted until my Graduation goal CSP. 

Regarding the further verification status, I think thats gonna happen for the rest of my life because of the CR mixup and that I have the same name as my sister. 

Yay!!! way to go and congrats on the approval!!! Especially knowing that you had been wanting the card for so long!

Cards: (Chase x7) (Citi x6) (Amex x5) (BofA x3) (US Bank x4) (Barclays x4) (WF x3) (Cap1 x3) (Synch x3) (Penfed x2) ( Macys Amex) (Discover, Nasa ,Diners x1) PLOC: Citi (18k) WF (10k)
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys couldn't done it without yall. Time to head back to garden for the next few years.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Senior Contributor

At last -congrats!

Established Contributor

It's a great card..nice!!!

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it's definitely one of the best card out there. I can't believe they gave me 2k as a starting limit. I thought it was gonna be like 500 or something, but hey at least I know I'm doing good with my credits.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Frequent Contributor

Why do you mean by saying 1.3 years?

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Blogger

Congratulations!!! Too bad it took so many tries, but Chase is generally inflexible about that the 1 year credit history requirement, but a 2k limit is a great place to start!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.