Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE formely WAMU- REOPENED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE formely WAMU- REOPENED

Once chase took over wamu, they closed my wife's account in august, No notice etc etc. She had $4500 limit with excellent history

She was too pissed to follow up, So I worked on her behalf, filed BBB, CHASE Called and reinstated the SAME account, limit slashed to $4000

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE formely WAMU- REOPENED

baboon007 wrote:

Once chase took over wamu, they closed my wife's account in august, No notice etc etc. She had $4500 limit with excellent history

She was too pissed to follow up, So I worked on her behalf, filed BBB, CHASE Called and reinstated the SAME account, limit slashed to $4000

congrats!  that's impressive, and their response rather surprising.  i am beginning to suspect that chase in particular has had its fill of bad press. 

to err on the side of caution consider that you could 'close by consumer' and reapp chase directly to lose the wamu-chase DNA which may continue to be a liability for you on the acct going forward.

in my case i closed a 2k wamu-chase then reapp direct with chase and received a 3.2k chase cc.  the upside is that i no longer have to worry so much about red headed step child syndrome on the acct on top of other forms of AA.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.