Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE increase APR when moving CL around

tag
AMTB
Valued Member

CHASE increase APR when moving CL around

I decided to close one of my lower limit CHASE CC and move the CL to another CHASE CC with APR of 9.99%. after I got off the phone and verified combined CL went into effect online, I realized APR is now 14.99%. I always PIF on all CC , so it's not something I would be worrying about. just letting you guys know this happened to me. anyone else experienced similar situation?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: CHASE increase APR when moving CL around

@AMTB wrote:
I decided to close one of my lower limit CHASE CC and move the CL to another CHASE CC with APR of 9.99%. after I got off the phone and verified combined CL went into effect online, I realized APR is now 14.99%. I always PIF on all CC , so it's not something I would be worrying about. just letting you guys know this happened to me. anyone else experienced similar situation?

Can you not call back and ask why the change? I would request it back to the original apr and see what happens.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened when I moved a CL from a Chase Visa to a Chase MC. APR went from 9.99% to 12.99%
Message 3 of 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Same thing happened when I moved a CL from a Chase Visa to a Chase MC. APR went from 9.99% to 12.99%

wow... that would really make me mad and I would fight the lower APR back .....I mean we never know we might use it one day even though we pif now.  Chase is sooo weird. My high standard APR on Freedom  I thought Chase simply wants to make sure I never carry a balance but no they send me nice BT offers with 0% APR on the card with the highest  standard APR...so I really do not understand their policy.  ...oh well I guess I will never understand Chase.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.