Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHEVRON

tag
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

CHEVRON

I was wondering if anyone has this gas card? I applied online and got this back" Thank you for submitting your application, your ref# is @@@@. We look forward to servicing your fueling needs". Do you think I will be approved? This was on 3-9
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHEVRON

How's your credit looking? If you have decent credit, I don't think you need to worry about the what if's. If you have a less than better credit score then I can understand your concern.
Message 2 of 24
antredd67
Contributor

I have had my Chevron Gas Card since the year 2000, and when I was approved for my Chevron credit card, my credit was in the toilet.    It's basically your typical gas charge card, and they charge a very high interest rate of 24%. I can't imagine living in CA and practically paying $4 for a gallon of gas on top of  racking up a gas credit card bill.  But when I do charge gas on this card, I generally pay this card off in full. Also, since it's one of my oldest credit cards with excellent payment  history, I won't close it.

Over the years of maintaining excellent payment history with them, they have upgraded my card to a Chevron Premium Gas card, which means that they will give your periodic gas discounts when you don't put anything on your card to get you to put gas purchases on your card. Also, I think I get hotel discounts and periodic discount on gas purchases when I use the card.  I have been offered 10 cents off per gallon of gas if I charged a certain amount of gas within a certain period.  I did it for the discount, and just paid off the balance in full before they tagged on the interest charges.

They started me off with an intial credit limit of $200.  Now I have a $2,000 credit limit with them, and the most I have ever charged on this card was about $450. I haven't had any problems with Chevron, but they don't offer lower interest rates.
Message 3 of 24
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

I've had this card for about 4 years, didn't have much credit when I applied. They approved me for $100 or $200 - my CL is now $2000.

If you have a reference number, why not call the customer service number and ask if you've been approved?

Good luck! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 24
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Hi there!  I just got this card in February and I already love it!  We immediately used it and paid it in full before the first statement cut - I got a credit on that statement... it was a "Welcome to Chevron" credit!  The initial limit on my card is small, but I think that this card will grow with me.  All the posts on here make me think it's going to be a great card to have!

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of scores do you need for this card?
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

wisper Chevron was taken over by GEMB 2 months ago. I don't know if they've changed their credit approval criteria. What are your scores and baddies?
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for this card on 2/29. I was approved a few days later and I just received the card on Monday. They started me out with a $400 CL. My EQ FICO was 634 at the time, 9% util on my 3 month old orchard card, 2 CA's, one paid, one unpaid. Student Loan in deferment since July.

I called the chevron credit dept. after I app'd and they were able to tell me whether I was approved or not - 801-743-2030. Good luck.
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great card, so far.  I app'd on 2/22 and received the card about a week later.  I received the same message as you and before I knew it, in the mailbox.  CL $ 600.00
Message 9 of 24
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

Thanks to all who responded! My eq is 636 I do have 2 co tho
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.