Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHEXSYSTEMS AND ALLIANT CREDIT UNION

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

CHEXSYSTEMS AND ALLIANT CREDIT UNION

Hi everyone I recieved a copy of a chexsystems report on me today and I had a second bank checking account at one time  Sovereign Bank reporting for nsf date of 6/7/2005 also stating paid in full 5/15/2006 on the letter it states it takes 5 years to come off, I have to call them tommorow to see if it is the date of being reported or when paid to be removed, but with this information on file does anyone think I would still be eligible to join Alliant credit union and will this be held against me for getting any special offers any information will be appreciated.

EQ was 695 now 688 as only 2 accounts reporting a balanceSmiley Sad

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHEXSYSTEMS AND ALLIANT CREDIT UNION

I applied to Alliant and was accepted. I had a Chexsytem notation and it was not a problem for me. It has been aproblem for other people though. I dont think they pulled my Chexsystem.
Message 2 of 9
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied to Alliant and was accepted. I had a Chexsytem notation and it was not a problem for me. It has been aproblem for other people though. I dont think they pulled my Chexsystem.

Yup. I was denied membership due to chexsystems.
Message 3 of 9
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

How old was your account in checksystems when it was denied?  if it was over 5 years then it wasn't there anymore.

I too have something in checksystems but it is disputable.  Does anyone know how to dispute it and the possibility of it being removed.?  I canceled an auto draft for a home equity loan with a bank. They just kept taking it out and billed 2 nsf fees and 6 a day until Ipaid everything back.. I paid the auto draft amount but no fees as I called and told them they the auto draft was canceled and basically unauthorized anyway.. The account got closed . This was sept of 2006..

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would dispute it just like you would dispute any info on a Consumer Credit Report. They will investigate it and if it is erroneous they will remove it.
Message 5 of 9
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I have found Alliant to be fair in their credit reviews.  I was initially denied membership because Chexsystems indicated my address as a "temporary residental facility".  It is actually a motel and extended stay hotel.  After denial, I called for reconsideration and was approved after submitting a letter from my landlord, stating that I had been a resident for over 6 years.  In addition to my savings account with a good interest rate, I now have a personal loan and a $5,000 credit card from them.

Now, how is this applicable to the OP's question?  When dealing with Alliant, it is always best to CALL and ask to be transferred to a credit analyst.  They have been very helpful and have answered any question I've asked with courtesy and candor.  I'm sure they would be happy to give you a straightforward answer, should you decide to call.  You don't even have to have an open application to ask such a general question.

Good luck . . . . Alliant is a Great Credit Union

Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 07-05-2009 05:52 AM
Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 07-05-2009 12:53 PM

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH app'd for an Alliant account last week - got the Chexsystems notice.  I went to their website and requested a report (did one for me too while I was there!).  Anyway, I'm still waiting on the reports, but received an email this morning from Alliant indicating that they needed ID verification to proceed.

Any ideas on what could be going on?

800FICOwannabe

07/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 696, TU - 622 (Asset Acceptance reinserted as a new collection)
06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 7 of 9
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

so what it approved with a checksystems record ..?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just recieved my Chexsystems report yesterday. I ordered it online because I wanted to check it out before I apped Alliant. It's clean(yea!!) Anyway,there is a page included with the report for disputes. You just fill it it out and send it back.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.