Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI APR Increases - Universal

tag
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

CITI APR Increases - Universal

Just an FYI, I received the letter from CITI about the increased interest rate a couple weeks ago. I called and was successful in getting them not to raise my rate, (and they also offered a promo rate for 6 months or so). Yesterday I received new terms in the mail which were consistent with the fact that I'm keeping my old rate (prime +2.99%). Be on the look out if they told you your rate would be maintained.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: CITI APR Increases - Universal

Thanks for the heads up! It's good to know some members are having luck getting the rate increase reversed. They just dropped me to 9.24 percent on my Cash Returns Mastercard. While it doesn't affect me as I don't carry a balance, it's always good just in case.

Their 9.24 is lower than my non-rewards NFCU Mastercard now. It's at 11.99 percent. When my year comes up in April I'm going to ask them to lower my rate. That's my emergency card, so the lower the rate, the better. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

be careful that the promo rate they gave you is not just that "a promo rate" and then your rate will go up to what they sent you the original letter.

they offered to bring our rate back down from 16.99 to the orginal 9.9 for 9 months and then up to 16.99.

We ended up having to product change to a different rewards card to get a fixed 9.24 rate, they would not give a long term lower rate on the original card. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card did you product change to at 9.24?
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Which card did you product change to at 9.24?
Expedia World Points Card

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had my APR reduced 1% after dodging the dreaded "Change of Terms" letter but want it lower. How long should one wait between request for APR reduction?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.