Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Automatic CLI?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CITI Automatic CLI?

I would never ask someone to share trade secrets now would I? I paid the balance off on my Dividends card today and will continue to PIF until Feb 08 at which time I will ask for a CLI. Stlcards, are you leaving the credit card biz all together?
Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
I would never ask someone to share trade secrets now would I? I paid the balance off on my Dividends card today and will continue to PIF until Feb 08 at which time I will ask for a CLI. Stlcards, are you leaving the credit card biz all together?

you offering to put a good word in at amex, so you can have another plant in there?
Message 32 of 44
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have one of those on my online Sears Citi MC account, under account maintenance. If you listen carefully, you can hear me using it: Thonk. Thonk. Thonk, thonk. thonkthonkthonkthonkthonk... Doesn't seem to be connected to anything, though. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

from what I know, that link is on everyone's online acct with Citi.  Its on mine, I requested one but they denied me (and I work for them!) haha.  You can call anytime and request a CLI.  Sometimes when we start the request it gives an instant without a hard pull.  Most of the time it is referred over to a difft dept for review which would be a hard pull.
Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I am moving on to a transfer agent for mutual funds.  Doing the old CSR gig there instead, same money and no selling.  Plus more opportunity for growth.  Citi seems to promote from the outside in my site. 
Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

stlcards wrote:
from what I know, that link is on everyone's online acct with Citi.  Its on mine, I requested one but they denied me (and I work for them!) haha.  You can call anytime and request a CLI.  Sometimes when we start the request it gives an instant without a hard pull.  Most of the time it is referred over to a difft dept for review which would be a hard pull.

i've read that if the button returns a form it's not instant and will result in a hard pull. if it's instant it tells you how much you can have and gives you the option (cover your eyes) to choose a portion of the amount.
Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

One other thing to note with CLI's with Citi.  They do take your income into account.  BIG TIME.  When i take a request for one sometimes a button pops up that says income is not sufficent for credit line requested.  So that is something to consider........   Also I know other posts have said things about companies decreasing credit lines.  Well yea, I know Citi does too, when they review your credit periodically if they see a high DTI ratio or low credit score they will reduce your credit line,  I see in acct notes ALL THE TIME.
Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

stlcards wrote:
One other thing to note with CLI's with Citi.  They do take your income into account.  BIG TIME.  When i take a request for one sometimes a button pops up that says income is not sufficent for credit line requested.  So that is something to consider........   Also I know other posts have said things about companies decreasing credit lines.  Well yea, I know Citi does too, when they review your credit periodically if they see a high DTI ratio or low credit score they will reduce your credit line,  I see in acct notes ALL THE TIME.

what about reducing for going crazy and opening several accounts?
Message 38 of 44
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

stlcards wrote:
Thanks!  Yeah I cant handle pushing products down peoples throats that they have no interest in.  To  keep pushing until someone hangs up on you just seems like bad customer service to me. 

"Pushing products down people's throats" is one thing I dislike about calling most credit card companies' customer service departments.  I remember calling Citibank this past year, and the rep was relentless about trying to sell me a credit monitoring service.  She didn't want to back down.  I didn't hang up on her, but some not terribly polite slang words were running through my mind. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly dont know about that reducing for multiple apps and inq....  But I know based on your income you can only have a certain total credit line across all of your Citi cards.  Lets say you want another citi card, like an AAdvantage, you may have to reduce a credit line on your current card. 
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.