cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI BANK CREDIT CARD ..... Blacklisted?

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

Re: CITI BANK CREDIT CARD ..... Blacklisted?

I got a call from a executive customer service lady. And said she sent over my app to an underwriter to see if he can override all the hard inquiries I had like 7! I told her the reason was that I bought a car 3 weeks ago and was shopping around for the best offer. So she said she went ahead and was able to ovveride it and that my CL is $3,000! So now I have the Thank You card and im so excited Smiley Very Happy She said I will get my card within a week. I guess the CITI AA card I had like 6 years ago that went into collections I owed like $5,000 they forgave me Smiley Very Happy From just having a Capital One card with CL of $300. just 3 weeks ago. To now having a AMEX Blue CL $1.5k , CiTI thank you 3K, and an a Auto Loan of $10k. Things are looking up! This time I will be RESPONSIBLE!!!!! Time to GARDEN Smiley Happy

Im still waiting on one more US BANK Rewards card. They said verification needed. So we will see how that one goes if not. Im happy with what I got. Considering I had nothing 2 months ago! =D  

Message 11 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

Did B of A automatically approve you when you applied and do you think having an ML account helped.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting the Citicard.

It seems like all the banks that blacklist are inconsistent in their blacklist policy, except American Express I'd the exception because at least they are consistent. You pay them and they take you off the list. If you PIF the other banks its no guarantee.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 17
knoregs
Established Contributor

@plasticcards wrote:

I got a call from a executive customer service lady. And said she sent over my app to an underwriter to see if he can override all the hard inquiries I had like 7! I told her the reason was that I bought a car 3 weeks ago and was shopping around for the best offer. So she said she went ahead and was able to ovveride it and that my CL is $3,000! So now I have the Thank You card and im so excited Smiley Very Happy  

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 15 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Its always good to see someone getting a second chance. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.