Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI BANK VERIFICATION PROCESS!?

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

CITI BANK VERIFICATION PROCESS!?

So I applied for the CITI bank Thank You Preffered card. It did nit give me an instant approval. I called yesterday and said it takes about 3 business days to process. I called today and they said is going threw a verification process and will take up to a week. What does this mean!? Has anyone had a verification process done to their application? Or is this just a nice wat to say you are not approved? lol

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CITI BANK VERIFICATION PROCESS!?

@plasticcards wrote:

So I applied for the CITI bank Thank You Preffered card. It did nit give me an instant approval. I called yesterday and said it takes about 3 business days to process. I called today and they said is going threw a verification process and will take up to a week. What does this mean!? Has anyone had a verification process done to their application? Or is this just a nice wat to say you are not approved? lol

Your app is being manually reviewed which means by a person instead of a computer approval...It does not mean you have been denied Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

It does not mean you are denied. They just need to process and review your app manually. It could be to verify your income, or simply just a ID verification process where they want to make sure its really you who is applying.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me by Chase. All they had to do was verify my address and then the CSR told me I was approved and what my CL was. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 6
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:
It does not mean you are denied. They just need to process and review your app manually. It could be to verify your income, or simply just a ID verification process where they want to make sure its really you who is applying.

What triggers a computer application to be manually reviewed instead of the usual approved or denied?

I had that happened to me with Bofa Better Balance Rewards.. while I applied for the cash rewards card at the branch and the person who was reviewing my application called me to discuss my situation of a judgement and negative account status with Toyota

while on other hand i was instantly approved from Discover and Chase

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 5 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

What triggers a computer application to be manually reviewed instead of the usual approved or denied?

I had that happened to me with Bofa Better Balance Rewards.. while I applied for the cash rewards card at the branch and the person who was reviewing my application called me to discuss my situation of a judgement and negative account status with Toyota

while on other hand i was instantly approved from Discover and Chase

Not matching up with records they might already have for you? Having moved recently or changed jobs recently? Not knowing you at all yet? Triple checking that you are not someone else? Who knows, I feel like there are lots of reasons that apps should be manually reviewed. There might be less identity theft if everyone was manually reviewed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.