Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Best Buy Mastercard App

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

CITI Best Buy Mastercard App

When you app, you can be given the Best Buy M/C or the Best Buy store card. Has anyone apped and was approved for the Mastercard?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

Re: CITI Best Buy Mastercard App

Nope you can refer to my ramble about it here ( http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BestBuy-Credit-Card-Knowledge-Base-APP-DEN-Info-Help-Me... ) Even though Citi is generous I believe even Citi will rarely give out those mastercards to anyone unless your in the very very high 700's and near that 800 score range. As that card is very hard to get, but even if you get it, it is not worth it at all, due to the low line of credit given out, when someone is approved for it, and the APR is no bueno. (Literally) lol. The Analyst's even recommends not getting that card, and the store card is better because you actually get to get up to 18 months of financing or 5% back in rewards, etc. vs the crappy MasterCard features and benefits [Enter them here] lol <-- None Smiley Very Happy

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 2 of 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

My Best Buy MasterCard Platinum or Gold offers 5% rewards or 0% financing too. There was a time where only the store cards provided financing but that changed sometime during fall 2012.

Message 3 of 4
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

Well now I feel misinformed (Citi) -.- lol. Btw which one do you have; and were you instantly approve for it/ or how long did it take you to PC/app into it, did they transfer your limit over to that card, or did you have to start fresh, and if so what was your starting limit/how long did it take you to build to that limit if you don't mind me asking! (25k) Smiley Surprised Your scores have to be near the 800's Smiley Tongue

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.