Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CARD CLI TIMETABLE

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

CITI CARD CLI TIMETABLE

Does anyone know the time limit you can get a cli from Citi.  I just recieved one last month and now I see the link again to call for a cli in which I could really use the utilization for the holidays.  Has anyone obtained a cli from Citi back to back, as I thought it was every three months.  Thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Re: CITI CARD CLI TIMETABLE

I just received one today on my Plat Select card after getting one last month too which i thought was weird because all of a sudden the cli request is now a fixture on the drop down list.

Message 2 of 16
andre181
Established Contributor

Back in June, I called in to request a CLI, approved for $1000 CLI on my Forward Card. One month later, in July, I was given an automatic CLI of $1000. Last month, I was given another auto CLI of $1500. 3 CLI's in 5 months, totaling $3500.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow

Message 4 of 16
tray
Valued Contributor

Thanks Fico Friends for all your information, I just called today and WOW another cli like the other poster requested $1,200.00 and it was immediately approved, so now total cl is at $8,000.0 which is good for holiday utilization spending, just last month recieved cli of $1,200.00.  All I can see is Citi is the way to go with generous cli's once you get your foot in the door and pay your bills on time!!!

Message 5 of 16
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Can I ask for all of you getting the cli with Citi what your util is with their card? My husband who has the Plat MC with them got his cl reduced two years ago down to $1100 (we had a rough few months from 07-08) but have been good since then. I guess I just wanted to know what everyones util looked like w their Citi cards? Do you also know when they give youba cli do they soft pull and possibly check what your util and payment history on other cards is?
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 6 of 16
tray
Valued Contributor

@halos24 wrote:
Can I ask for all of you getting the cli with Citi what your util is with their card? My husband who has the Plat MC with them got his cl reduced two years ago down to $1100 (we had a rough few months from 07-08) but have been good since then. I guess I just wanted to know what everyones util looked like w their Citi cards? Do you also know when they give youba cli do they soft pull and possibly check what your util and payment history on other cards is?

To answer some of the questions you ask, the highest I have charged on my citi card a little of $800.00, and I hate to say have left a balance that high but paid it off the next month, I also have auto-pay with them, but citi likes usage and balances paid i feel, also do you have a online account with citi for your cc and is there ever a link to request a cli as if you see that link to call customer service it is then only a soft pull, also maybe you can call citi on some type of reconsideration for some of his cl being restored.  Good Luck

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the cli button be in one of those drop down menu? because thats where i have to go to see the cli..

Message 8 of 16
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will the cli button be in one of those drop down menu? because thats where i have to go to see the cli..

I have the citi platinium and it is in the tool sections drop down list, this is were you will see request a cli.

Message 9 of 16
jefftca925
Established Contributor

My Citi Plat MC just passed the six month mark so I figured it was time to ask for a CLI.  I spoke to a CSR last night (who was very nice I might add) but she couldn't guarantee it would be a soft pull for the request.  I asked her if I could do it online and she said sure.  I tried it this morning and the response I received was "we cannot process your request online at this time. Please call XXX-XXX-XXXX to have your request processed".  Nothing more than that.  Is this normal?

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.