cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CARDS WHICH ONE IS THE EASIEST APPROVAL???

tag
maponafa
New Contributor

CITI CARDS WHICH ONE IS THE EASIEST APPROVAL???

Hello I was wondering what the best citi card is and the easiest approval?  What scores do they look for?  Can you have any baddies?  What bureau do they normally pull?  ANy info would be helpful.  Thanks All

Starting Score: EQ - 450 TU - 429 (12-24-2008)
Current Score: EQ - 680 TU - 741 (09-11-2010)
Goal Score: 815
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

Re: CITI CARDS WHICH ONE IS THE EASIEST APPROVAL???

Forward/Platinum Select/MTVu should all be about the same in terms of difficulty to obtain.

Citi is known to pull Experian primarily, but, as always, YMMV.

Many sites have card reviews in which people post their application results along with their scores (I could post some outside links, but I think it's against the rules). You could also just search the above cards on these boards and see what users' results have been. Take all pre-2/2010 approvals out of the equation. Most banks have tightened up with the new laws.

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 2 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

my experience has been that citi will not approve with baddies, but it could matter what kind of baddies you have, how serious they are, etc.

Message 3 of 6
ottergo4
Contributor

I had 2 co's but they were over 5 years old last month and was approved for the platinum select. I know they didn't pull TU. My eq fico was 657 that day and ex was probably 30-40 higher (it was running that way a couple years ago)

Message 4 of 6
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

I live in missouri they pulled equifax for me. I got approve for citi platinum select mastercard a couple months ago with a equifax score of 674. I still had a victorias secret charge off from 05 thats on my report but it does have a 0 balance. And my utilization was around 21%.

Message 5 of 6
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Diamond Preferred Rewards, It's a great card and it seems like an easy approval. I applied online and recieved a message notifying that I needed to call them. Varified my information then BAM!! approved. Low-limit but the rewards are great. My Equ score at the time was 699 with average age of 1.6 years of credit. Try applyin for the rewards and tell us the result!

@maponafa wrote:

Hello I was wondering what the best citi card is and the easiest approval?  What scores do they look for?  Can you have any baddies?  What bureau do they normally pull?  ANy info would be helpful.  Thanks All

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.