Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CC question

tag
blondie_keen
New Contributor

CITI CC question

I am looking to sign up for the CITI student card but I would like to have all my ducks in a row, so to speak, so that I have a good chance of being accepted.

Does CITI not accept applicants who have open collections (I have 1) or past charge-offs (I have 2)??

I looked on the myfico credit card finder page for cards under FAIR credit and this card was listed, but they don't just go by a person's score do they?

Any tips for me on how I can make this approval happen??

Thanks!!

Also, was bureau does CITI pull?

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CITI CC question

Citi does allow for some CAs or COs if you have them, but generally cannot be recent. DW was approved last year with a then-3 yo redeemed repo, 3 COs (2 pd and 1 unpaid) over 4 yrs, and 1 unpaid medical CA over 4 yrs old then. However, she was an AU then on a Citi acct that was over 15 yrs old.

The card finder is, IMO, inaccurate. I wouldn't rely on that. I would however rely on others' input here and on sites like whogavemecredit.com.

They tend to pull EQ.

Message 2 of 3
blondie_keen
New Contributor

Re: CITI CC question

I was thinking that any collection or charge off shouldn't be recent if I'll have any chance of getting approved but just wanted some input.

I suppose I should just wait until I go through the HIPAA process with my medical collection as my charge-offs are from 2004, I'll let them be.

Sidenote, FINALLY got my first SW update today via text message- my EQ went up a full 20 pts!!! : )

SOO HAPPY about that. I think it's because I paid down the only CC I have a bit.

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.