cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

Established Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

I kind of wonder when they will stop increasing it! I mean I am already at 33% of my HHI. I do have rental properties though maybe that means something... now I just have to have enough courage to ask for a HSBC increase....
Super Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!


MrCredit wrote:
I kind of wonder when they will stop increasing it! I mean I am already at 33% of my HHI. I do have rental properties though maybe that means something... now I just have to have enough courage to ask for a HSBC increase....

 

I have seen Citi Cards go all the way upto 50K. So you have room to grow with your citi Card. I always had tough time getting CLI from HSBC for personal cards. They have been very generous with Biz cards I have that are backed by HSBC.
Established Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

Does the website for HSBC always pull a hard I have heard its their discretion whether its a hard or soft... I was going to try hitting the button and cross my fingers. I have never seen a Citi Card at 50k WOW. I am on my way though.Smiley Wink
Frequent Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

What is that issue about CLs that get so high they don't count as revolving credit towards util?   I wonder if that might be a reason to keep a CL below a certain threshold....
Established Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

They did offer me a Signature Card about three months ago, I dont like those no pre set limit cards, cause they dont report the limit
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!


writemikep wrote:
What is that issue about CLs that get so high they don't count as revolving credit towards util?   I wonder if that might be a reason to keep a CL below a certain threshold....

 

Or alternatively, that might be a reason to get a particular CL above that threshold and then not have to worry about what sort of balance it reports every month.

 

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Established Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

Smiley Wink
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!


cheddar wrote:

writemikep wrote:
What is that issue about CLs that get so high they don't count as revolving credit towards util?   I wonder if that might be a reason to keep a CL below a certain threshold....

 

Or alternatively, that might be a reason to get a particular CL above that threshold and then not have to worry about what sort of balance it reports every month.

 


A card with a $31,400 credit limit probably won't be considered as revolving credit on TU and EX.   EQ has a higher threshold.

 

You just have to make certain that all of your cards are not above that threshold, or you won't be able to show recent use of credit cards. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Established Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

mrcredit

u were able to get a citi card with a bk? super congrats especially with a limit like that..you have to give me some tips, that's awesome..please do tell

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Established Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

Congrats on the CLI!  Citi is indeed generous.