Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Re: CITI CLI!! HOLY COW!

I kind of wonder when they will stop increasing it! I mean I am already at 33% of my HHI. I do have rental properties though maybe that means something... now I just have to have enough courage to ask for a HSBC increase....
Message 11 of 24
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:
I kind of wonder when they will stop increasing it! I mean I am already at 33% of my HHI. I do have rental properties though maybe that means something... now I just have to have enough courage to ask for a HSBC increase....

I have seen Citi Cards go all the way upto 50K. So you have room to grow with your citi Card. I always had tough time getting CLI from HSBC for personal cards. They have been very generous with Biz cards I have that are backed by HSBC.
Message 12 of 24
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Does the website for HSBC always pull a hard I have heard its their discretion whether its a hard or soft... I was going to try hitting the button and cross my fingers. I have never seen a Citi Card at 50k WOW. I am on my way though.Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is that issue about CLs that get so high they don't count as revolving credit towards util?   I wonder if that might be a reason to keep a CL below a certain threshold....
Message 14 of 24
MrCredit
Established Contributor

They did offer me a Signature Card about three months ago, I dont like those no pre set limit cards, cause they dont report the limit
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

writemikep wrote:
What is that issue about CLs that get so high they don't count as revolving credit towards util?   I wonder if that might be a reason to keep a CL below a certain threshold....

Or alternatively, that might be a reason to get a particular CL above that threshold and then not have to worry about what sort of balance it reports every month.

Message 16 of 24
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 24
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Or alternatively, that might be a reason to get a particular CL above that threshold and then not have to worry about what sort of balance it reports every month.

A card with a $31,400 credit limit probably won't be considered as revolving credit on TU and EX.   EQ has a higher threshold.

You just have to make certain that all of your cards are not above that threshold, or you won't be able to show recent use of credit cards. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 18 of 24
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

mrcredit

u were able to get a citi card with a bk? super congrats especially with a limit like that..you have to give me some tips, that's awesome..please do tell

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI!  Citi is indeed generous.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.