Re: CITI CLI Success

Curiosity killed the cat...

I got trigger-happy and got a new EQ inquiry.  Smiley Sad

At least it isn't EX, though!

Message 52 of 60
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Yep, hard pulled EX. I wish they didn't. I should've know this POS card would never grow.

Message 53 of 60
treefrogger
New Contributor

Strangely, there was the 30 minute message, but it's been over 12 hours now and no response...

Message 54 of 60
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Just pulled the trigger on Home Depot (CITI). Asked for $1500 to add to my measly $500 CL. Got the we will let you know in 7-10 days. Afraid its going to be a hard one.Smiley Mad

I just went online to pay the balance of $166.24 before the statement cuts on the 24th. I noticed my CL is now $2K. Thank you Home Depot.

So far I have not received any alerts. I use Amex Credit Secure. I keep checking and so far there are no hard inquiries.

Would it have shown up by now if they had pulled a hard?

Yep. Home Depot pulled a hard on Transunion, which surprised me since they pulled Experian when I opened the account. It is also my best report. Pristine and 758 score the last time I checked a few months ago. That gives me three inquiries on Transunion, of which two will fall off this August. Three on Experian, of which one will fall off this August and zero on Equifax.

No hard pull, so far, on my Citi Platinum Select MC CLI.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 55 of 60
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.

If you dont mind, what's your CL now?

New limit is $4500.  I don't know if they pulled a report or not as I have not yet received an alert.  Maybe because I requested a small CLI, they did not pull?  One can only hope.  If they did though, it would be OK Smiley Happy
Message 56 of 60
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrShush wrote:
An 8200 increase Smiley Very Happy

If you go might as well go big.

I got interested so i called up Citi and spoke to a CSR. She said that the enw form does indeed sometimes result in a hard and advised me to just do the request over the phone as she would be able to see if it was pre approved and could still stop it before it went to a hard inquiry if not immediately approved. This is just what i was told by the CSR so it definitely isn't  completely verified.

I love it --we all get different responses. Smiley Tongue

I started the online request but chickened out when screen 2 said that I was authorizing them to pull my report.

So I called up, and the CSR told me that any account open OVER 6 months (??) would need a hard pull for a CLI. Huh? But that they evaluate accounts every 6 months, and they'd send me something if I were eligible. (Without a hard, presumably.) So I backpedaled right on out of there. Smiley Very Happy

I have a $4K limit, open >3 years, requested $1K. I don't use the card that much, so I was mainly doing this out of curiosity.

Oh, and if you do the online request, don't use commas in either the amount requested or your annual income. It doesn't like that.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 57 of 60
android01
Valued Contributor

I was curious about whether CLI is available after 3 or 6 months.  Here's a FAQ from Citi:

How do I request a credit line increase for my credit card account?

There are 3 ways to request a credit line increase:

1. Choose Request a Credit Line Increase in the Tools & Services menu.
  2. Select the Request a Credit Line Increase link on the Account Online page under each eligible card you have registered.
  3. Call the number on the back of your card and speak to a Customer Service representative.

In order to complete your request, we may check your credit bureau history or use credit information we already have on file.  Additionally, cardmembers who have had their Citi® issued credit card account for less than 6 months are not eligible for a credit line increase.

Interesting.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 58 of 60
jhtrico1850
Regular Contributor

I asked for $1300 on top of $7700, if offered $9000, and I wanted $10,000, so I realized I did the math wrong. I canceled, asked for $2300, it gave me $2000 so I have a silly $9700 limit now Smiley Tongue. Income was $30,000.

Message 59 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

any words on CLI before activating the card?

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.