Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CLI Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI CLI Success

On the first page I put in Income and Employer, hit submit. Immediately it said approved for $1200, "No Inquiry has been made in this request" or you can ask for more if what you are preapproved for is not enough, but if you accept its def not a Hard.

Message 21 of 60
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On the first page I put in Income and Employer, hit submit. Immediately it said approved for $1200, "No Inquiry has been made in this request" or you can ask for more if what you are preapproved for is not enough, but if you accept its def not a Hard.

Thanks!  So there is a difference with some who hit the button.  I don't immediately get the approve message after I input income and employer.  Mines asked to verify information after I hit submit.  I may have saved myself an inquiry not going through with it. 

Message 22 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

and I did put in $1300 as the amount requested b/c I figured it'd be "hard free" b/c of the low amount.

Message 23 of 60
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Insyder:

I just want to be clear on this. At the top of your CLI form, does it say:

Provide Information

Check Information

Request Result

You're Finished

Also, at the bottom of the form, does it say:

"By submitting this form you authorize Citibank® to check your credit history."

Also, were you carrying a balance when you requested the CLI? How long have you had your card?

I'm just itching to go for it but I have a balance of $2.2K (0%) out of $8.7K CL. I would love to see a $10K CL but I'm to chicken to pull the trigger. I don"t want the inquiry.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 24 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Insyder:

I just want to be clear on this. At the top of your CLI form, does it say:

Provide Information

Check Information

Request Result

You're Finished

Also, at the bottom of the form, does it say:

"By submitting this form you authorize Citibank® to check your credit history."

Also, were you carrying a balance when you requested the CLI?

I'm just itching to go for it but I have a balance of $2.2K (0%) out of $8.7K CL. I would love to see a $10K CL but I'm to chicken to pull the trigger. I don"t want the inquiry.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

Yes to everything about the form, it certainly doesn't do the pull until after the second page where you verify. So if you get the preapproval you can accept it, otherwise don't go any farther if you don't want the pull.

There is currently a $1250 balance due to a 0% offer on the card.

Hope this helps

Message 25 of 60
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Thanks. My confidence is growing.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
Message 26 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got nothing to lose. Give it a shot!

Message 27 of 60
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Your credit line has immediately increased by $1,300.00  for a total new credit line of $10,000.00.

If you have an email address on file where you receive account information about your credit card, we'll send you an email confirmation.  If not, please update your email profile so that you'll receive future notifications.

If you are carrying balances on other credit cards, now is a great chance to take advantage of our balance transfer rates. You can even pay off some merchants and bills.

I could not  restrain myself any longer.

Message 28 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 29 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow congrats!

Message 30 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.