Valued Contributor
MrShush

CITI CLI request question

Yes, another one! I know if you go to the request credit line increase link on their website and the form is there, it almost always results in a hard pull. I noticed the other day, the form is shorter omitting the bank account information. I would like to know if this is normal across all Citi cardholders or is this abridged request form still going to result in a hard pull.

Super Contributor
DI

Re: CITI CLI request question

MrShush wrote:

Yes, another one! I know if you go to the request credit line increase link on their website and the form is there, it almost always results in a hard pull. I noticed the other day, the form is shorter omitting the bank account information. I would like to know if this is normal across all Citi cardholders or is this abridged request form still going to result in a hard pull.

Yes, the form has been shorter for 3-4 months now.  I still never submit when I get the form.

Valued Contributor
MrShush

Rats! I'm really close to ditching this card; I've had it since 2009 and it has not grown. All of my other cards are very close to or over 10K. This one is mired at $1800. I called them the other day and the CSR didn't know if I requested an increase whether or not it would result in a hard pull.

Super Contributor
DI

MrShush wrote:

Rats! I'm really close to ditching this card; I've had it since 2009 and it has not grown. All of my other cards are very close to or over 10K. This one is mired at $1800. I called them the other day and the CSR didn't know if I requested an increase whether or not it would result in a hard pull.

I called them several months ago and got a CLI without a hard pull.  Keep calling until you get someone who knows for sure if its a hard or soft pull. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}