Valued Contributor
tray

CITI/CONVENIENCE CHECKS

Hi everyone, I need to pay a bill and considering using a citi convenience check and paying the amount off in full next week way before my next statement cuts next month, and I need advice has anyone done this before with citi, and will citi frown upon this type of action.  Any information will be helpful, thanks.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

Re: CITI/CONVENIENCE CHECKS

Citi sends me convenience checks all the time, but I've never used one. Not that there's anything bad about 'em, I just don't have the need for it. 

If they're sending you these checks, they want you to use them.  If they come in handy for you, I say go for it.  No worries.:smileyhappy:   

(Now, if it was Chase...that'd be a different story altogether :smileysad:)

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: CITI/CONVENIENCE CHECKS

I agree with UBUP. Nothing wrong with using them BUT make sure you read all the fine print about transaction fees, default interest rates and the like.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}