Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Cards Combine Accounts

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

CITI Cards Combine Accounts

Did anyone ever do this? Is this even possible to combine accounts and credit lines?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: CITI Cards Combine Accounts

Good question

Message 2 of 11
ssp
Valued Member

I spoke with csr and was told it isn't possible. I have 3 cards that I wanted to combine.

TU 792 EQ 782
*In The Garden*

Message 3 of 11
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I know they can split accounts. I had an issue a while back with an application and the CSR's were infuriatingly unhelpful. I eventually got the number to their executive office, and spoke with a guy who peronsally oversaw my application, called me back when he had news, etc. 

Anyway, he called me back after a couple of days and asked if it was OK if he just used my current Citi card, split the CL, and opened this new account with that. I said no, I wasn't willing to do that as it really is no benefit to me and he said he'd see what he can do. Eventually got it approved for it's own separate CL but I'd imagine if they can do that, they can combine accounts. 

They CAN do it, it's just a matter of whether or not they will. 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 11
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

I spoke with 3 different CSRs over the course of 2 months, all of which said it WAS possible to combine cards. They said the only requirements were: accounts had to be 6+ months old and the "offer must be available" (whatever that means). Im going to call back in Feb to see if they will =) 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 5 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@cmthomas06 wrote:

I spoke with 3 different CSRs over the course of 2 months, all of which said it WAS possible to combine cards. They said the only requirements were: accounts had to be 6+ months old and the "offer must be available" (whatever that means). Im going to call back in Feb to see if they will =) 

That's the key! I got Citi Dividend Plat and then realized that the Forward would suit me better for rewards. I had just gotten the Citi Dividend and hadn't even used it. I called and they said that sometimes they can PC, but that I wasn't eligible to PC from Dividend to Forward. He said I would need to app for the Forward and then I could cancel the Dividend if I didn't want it. Stupid. They'll approve me for a $10k CL and then refuse to change to the card I want. They just don't seem very customer-service-oriented, IMO.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the "offer to be available." But maybe you'll be luckier than I was.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 11
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Yea I'm not impressed with Citi customer service at all.

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 7 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I guess Citi was doing me a favor by rejecting my application for excessive auto inquires. Thanks Citi!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 11
bribro
Valued Contributor

Try asking for a supervisor/manager next time. The front-line Citi CSRs rarely seem to know what they're talking about.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 9 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

Call the Citi rentention department to get attentionSmiley LOL  you will get better answers there instead of calling regular csr's.  I had an issue spoke with so many front line reps as I wanted a product change to a different card, the answer was always a big NO, well I called backdoor number retention department and was able to do the product change.  You just have to get to the right person.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.