Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Cards

tag
Niki9
Regular Contributor

CITI Cards

There are so many posts about getting a citi card and converting it to another citi card w/better rewards and APR.

So My Questions:

Which Citi Card is the easiest to get? And
When you got your card what did you convert it to?
Why did you convert it?  And
How did you convert it? 

I don't have a Citi card and was just curious.
thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: CITI Cards

Get the Citi card that suits the needs YOU have for IT.

For example, there are cards that give you cashback on home items you buy vs a Upromise one that puts points in your college savings account.. vs one that accumulates points towards airline tickets vs citi thankyou point network which works for a variety of merchandize...etc etc etc.

Check out whogavemecredit.com - input your fico score and state and select citi and see with what range people have got approved for and which citi card to get an "idea"

It all depends on your individual, unique credit report if you will get it or not..

Citicards are the EASIEST to convert to - no soft/hard inqs, just call the 800# back of card and ask for a product change.

I converted a plat mc to CashReturns mc, took 2 mins and 5 days for the new shiny green one to come in da mail =D

Good luck in selecting the one you want, citi is one of the easiest websites I have ever found that lets you compare their different products on the terms you select.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sonority you are on a roll Smiley Happy

SonorityGenius wrote:
Get the Citi card that suits the needs YOU have for IT.

For example, there are cards that give you cashback on home items you buy vs a Upromise one that puts points in your college savings account.. vs one that accumulates points towards airline tickets vs citi thankyou point network which works for a variety of merchandize...etc etc etc.

Check out whogavemecredit.com - input your fico score and state and select citi and see with what range people have got approved for and which citi card to get an "idea"

It all depends on your individual, unique credit report if you will get it or not..

Citicards are the EASIEST to convert to - no soft/hard inqs, just call the 800# back of card and ask for a product change.

I converted a plat mc to CashReturns mc, took 2 mins and 5 days for the new shiny green one to come in da mail =D

Good luck in selecting the one you want, citi is one of the easiest websites I have ever found that lets you compare their different products on the terms you select.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Niki9 wrote:
There are so many posts about getting a citi card and converting it to another citi card w/better rewards and APR.

So My Questions:

Which Citi Card is the easiest to get? And
When you got your card what did you convert it to?
Why did you convert it?  And
How did you convert it? 

I don't have a Citi card and was just curious.
thanks

Just be aware that if you have a collection still showing on reports they will not accept you. I will venture to bet (of course I do not know- as mine is just over 3 y/o- they prob. look at colls within the last five years).

Anway, Amex took me, Disc took me and Citi Upromise would not. Go figure.
Message 4 of 15
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

lol thanks Ash..!!

netpanther wrote:

Just be aware that if you have a collection still showing on reports they will not accept you. I will venture to bet (of course I do not know- as mine is just over 3 y/o- they prob. look at colls within the last five years).

omg net! that is weird! I have actually read citi upromise is "easier" than its dividend line (which is easier than amex!) lol

Citi does just auto deny on FAs in some cases - according to some posters on CB.. did you have those at that time?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

SonorityGenius wrote:
lol thanks Ash..!!

netpanther wrote:

omg net! that is weird! I have actually read citi upromise is "easier" than its dividend line (which is easier than amex!) lol

Citi does just auto deny on FAs in some cases - according to some posters on CB.. did you have those at that time?

What do you mean by FAs? LOL!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

one of two things

fa = fraud alert
fa = fat (better not)
Message 7 of 15
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

dnm45227 wrote:
one of two things

fa = fraud alert
fa = fat (better not)

omg dnm! you're gonna get me in trouuuuuuble with the 2nd suggestion lmao

yep net, FA  = Fraud Alert - sometimes you dont even know they put it on your file (notorious experian) until you apply and get auto denied cause their auto comp goes crazy lol

it is weird citi would decline and amex/disc would approve - what was the reason they mailed it out?
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope- no fraud alerts.

The exact reason they gave "recent collection". It is from 2005 but they have yet to negotiate a PFD w/ me. Trust me, I want to pay so badly- but I already made that mistake w/ one collection.

The CA is GLA and they will not budge. I am going to bombard them over the Christmas holidays and hope they break. It is one of my New Years resolutions- to get rid of the last three baddies- one paid coll- and two unpaid- all w/ GLA.

It really is sad as the two unpaid add up to less than 250 dollars. Yes, the moral thing to do it pay them. However, the ethical thing for them to do is remove it if I pay- like I have mentioned before- I don't think CA's realize how much money they would make if they did PFD's.
Message 9 of 15
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

yikes net!! you are absolutely right - they should remove it!

There is a 1:2 punch you can utilize on this CA during xmas (when they AND CRAs are possibly understaffed!)

A cool map of how to deal with CAs is below:

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.