Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Costco Visa next yr, and past burn with CITI

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CITI Costco Visa next yr, and past burn with CITI

for the love of GOD....how quickly a post can change. I m very well schooled on whose BK friendly and whose not. I know that citi isn't....i was merely asking if that would be a good point to try and weasel back in.

for the record as well, since people don't really read all the post, I don't currently have an amex so I can't transfer limits from one to another.
Message 41 of 46
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I can't bother reading all five pages but wanted to add that this card will likely be issued by Citi Retail Services, which issues Sears and Best Buy products whereas the mainline cards are issued by Citicards US, of Citibank NA. So people that have burned Citicards US, have been able to get a Sears and Best Buy card from Citi Retail Services. I think Home Depot is also CRS whereas Macy*s is another entity entirely but still under Citi.

Message 42 of 46
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Someone deleted my post and now I have to type this up again.

Costco will likely be issued by Citi Retail Services and not by Citicards US, which issues the mainline card products of Citibank. Sears, Best Buy and I think Home Depot are issued by CRS and people that have been blacklisted by Citicards US have been successful in getting a CRS issued product including the MasterCard versions. CRS and Citicards US are independent and do not share a blacklist so you should be eligible for the Costco card.

Message 43 of 46
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
for the love of GOD....how quickly a post can change. I m very well schooled on whose BK friendly and whose not. I know that citi isn't....i was merely asking if that would be a good point to try and weasel back in.

for the record as well, since people don't really read all the post, I don't currently have an amex so I can't transfer limits from one to another.

Smile.  It's "fool proof" Smiley Very Happy lol couldn't resist

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 44 of 46
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

yes, Zora...fool proof", LOL!

Message 45 of 46
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

I'll head back to the peanut gallery lol

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.