Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Costco Visa next yr, and past burn with CITI

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CITI Costco Visa next yr, and past burn with CITI

So, the cats out of the bag, as we all know CITI will take over Costco and issue the Costco Visa next spring. I already have 3 Visa's I can use there, but looking for an "in" into Citi.  They got burned in my BK7 in 2013. 

By the time next year they take over, and roll out the new Costco Visa, Ill be almost 3 years since filing when that happens.  I know Citi and Chase are rough to get back with after a burn, but thoughts on trying at that time for a Costco card?? 

Do you think they might relax the credit requirements a tad, and since its all new and everyone in the US will be excited and want the new card, will it worth it at that time to try for an "in"?   Thoughts appreciatedSmiley Wink

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI Costco Visa next yr, and past burn with CITI

Doubtful.

Message 2 of 46
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

LOL..Youre so postive!! Smiley Wink...but I was afraid of that..I guess Ill just have to see the mass hysteria posts next year, and see if anyone who burned them got back in.
Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
LOL..Youre so postive!! Smiley Wink...but I was afraid of that..I guess Ill just have to see the mass hysteria posts next year, and see if anyone who burned them got back in.

Just sayin' like it is. Smiley Indifferent

I never burnt them and they won't give me anything. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 46
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

You might be right on the hysteria.  I posted link in thread from Credit in the News.  Basically, Citi will be evaluating everyone in the portfolio.  New limits, new apr's etc.  And, they admitted, not everyone will qualify for a card (and this scenario is more than likely in the filter).

Me personally, unless there are tremendous rewards I don't get with other cards, I'm going to use my a Chase Amazon Visa.  Gives same cash back as Amex, not much difference,  but I can imagine the looks from the employees used to Amex. Smiley Tongue

PS, I do pre qual for citi cards, but the apr's are outrageous.  So I'm not wanting anything from them at the moment.  Your not missing out Pizza, you have a good line up now.  I would like to garden for two years, but life might prompt me to get a discover for another 0% for awhile.  I'm content.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 46
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ IMF....So Citi might raise the standards on the Costco card huh? Wonder if Cap one will still keep their store card. You have to apply in store and ask an associate that you want to apply for the store version.

regardless...Im in the garden, but just thought that might be a time to try to be back with Citi..maybe not apparently,lol
Message 6 of 46
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

I'm not a Citi fan and knowing their past practices, they won't worry about picking the lower hanging fruit and only go for the higher ups and business accounts.  People will rush to acquire "Costco's" latest offering! Costco will dangle a gift card, rotissirie chicken and a case of water for those who apply and are "ACCEPTED" into the new BIG BOX ELITE <GAG> lol  I'll swipe one of my current Visa's and call it a day Smiley Wink

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 7 of 46
northface28
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Doubtful.

Highly doubtful.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 8 of 46
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

LOL Zora!!
Message 9 of 46
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Pizza you get the card and we can share the water and chicken...I'm a breast and legs man lol

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.