Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI DC Manual Review CLI Limbo

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

CITI DC Manual Review CLI Limbo

Hey Peeps,

So I called Citi at about 4:30 to finally bite the bullet for a HP CLI from $3,700 to $15,000. I've never had to do one before as my limits have always been sufficient from approval. Therefore, I'm unfamiliar with how it works. First, I call up and request a CLI, gave my annual income and was transferred to the credit department. A nice lady asked me to hold for the review and that continued for 15 minutes with her checking in every few minutes to apologize and ask for a few more minutes. At about 5:00 (coincidence?) the lady came back on and asked if it would be OK to receive my decision with a callback or email. She said it was going through a second review. I was a bit surprised considering my spotless credit and 790 EQ and asked if there was an issue or if it was normal. She said they were having problems with the system today and while typically decisions can be instantaneous, it's not at all unusual. So I said just to email me instead of calling. I feel like this is neither a good nor a bad sign but somewhere in the middle as either would typically get an instantaneous answer.

Any experience with this? I'll keep every one posted!

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: CITI DC Manual Review CLI Limbo

IMO not unusual. Often, manual review for CLI with citi takes a couple days.
Message 2 of 13
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

You think it would make a difference in the decision at all if I'm not live to "haggle" if they counter offer? In other words, would they still extend a counter offer by email or would it be just a yes or no? I'm the type maybe of a dying breed but I like dealing with live people rather than by text or email. It probably doesn't matter in the outcome I guess. 

Message 3 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
IMO not unusual. Often, manual review for CLI with citi takes a couple days.

Agree.  Sometimes things can be turned around within the same business day while other times it can take roughly 24 hours.

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit_hawk wrote:

You think it would make a difference in the decision at all if I'm not live to "haggle" if they counter offer? In other words, would they still extend a counter offer by email or would it be just a yes or no? I'm the type maybe of a dying breed but I like dealing with live people rather than by text or email. It probably doesn't matter in the outcome I guess. 

You're reading too much into the context of a normal CLI request process.  Manual review is just that - someone in UW looking at it to determine what the best appropriate CL would be (if approved) based on what you provided and any other information they have from the CRAs, etc.  IMO, waiting hasn't killed anyone on these things.  You'll get a decision either way.

Message 5 of 13
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Thanks guys!!

Message 6 of 13
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Update: I still haven't received the official email but I just logged on and it shows my new available balance as $8,000. I'll take it. Was hoping for $10k minimum but that's alright. I know some members get mad at people who sneeze at <$10k or even $5k limits so I'll say I'm grateful for what I got. $10,000 would have been nice though Smiley Very Happy.

The original balance was $3,700. Also, they pulled Experian rather than EQ which I was a bit bummed about. That cost me 4 points. All in all they didn't have to give me anything so I'm grateful for anything!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

While it wasn't what you wanted, congrats on what they gave you.

Message 8 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The HP is necessary to get a significant bump from Citi. Generally, SP CLIs top out around 1500 or so with them it seems. Congrats on the increase.

A HP for a CLI isn't that big of a deal. It's an inquiry with no new tradeline so really the only impact is the fact that it's an inquiry, which is fairly minor for many profiles.
Message 9 of 13
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
The HP is necessary to get a significant bump from Citi. Generally, SP CLIs top out around 1500 or so with them it seems. Congrats on the increase.

A HP for a CLI isn't that big of a deal. It's an inquiry with no new tradeline so really the only impact is the fact that it's an inquiry, which is fairly minor for many profiles.

Thanks, KDM! Good to know. I do have that Venture inquiry sitting on there without hitting yet. Don't know if that help, hurt or had no impact. 

As as a side note, CITI is killing me with those security passwords. I just set that account up last month and I already don't remember what it is. It says I made one and it's my dogs name but it's def not because I tried haha. Only the automated machine hassled me about it, the live reps didn't even bother me. I tried to change it online but it appears I need to input the original and I don't know it. Oh boy!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.