Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI DIAMOND-UNDER FINAL REVIEW???

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

CITI DIAMOND-UNDER FINAL REVIEW???

So again, its been about 5 business days, I called today and they said the application is under FINAL REVIEW.  It has niether been approved or denied.  i should hear something in a few days???

Is this good or bad????   LIke I said before I usually get  a flat out DECLINED but this time they are taking a while.

Need some help

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: CITI DIAMOND-UNDER FINAL REVIEW???

I applied for the Dividend on 12/30 didn't get instant said 7-10 days. I called everyday checking status and it was still in review and each rep I talked to made it sound like I was approved. I received a call from them asking for verification. I called again 7-10 was told. Finally I get an email on 1/8 DENIED. WTH? Reasons stated: credit restricted, whatever that means and too many inquiries, I had 3 at time of app. I sent an email to complain about it but haven't heard a word.

Message 2 of 12
learnin113
Established Contributor

Patience.  It took me 2 months to get my Citi (on recon) but it was oh so worth it.

Message 3 of 12
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Citi likes to make people wait. I had to wait nearly 2 weeks and fax in some documents after applying for my first Citi CC. With my second CC, I was approved online instantly (well, after my call-in app. didn't go through). Just give it time. Citi is very careful about who they extend credit to, which is a good thing.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 4 of 12
texasman07
Established Contributor

OMG!! I called today and got the first rep who said he needed information about my job.  then he said he had to transfer me to a rep in Maryland and she asked for the same thing along with my Cell PHone number and Email address.  After being on hold she said they still dont have an instant decision and someone "else" has to review it  but it should be within 48 hours and said to call the app status line and gave me the number for it.!!! What the hell???/ Someone Help????

Message 5 of 12
rbizzle
Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

OMG!! I called today and got the first rep who said he needed information about my job.  then he said he had to transfer me to a rep in Maryland and she asked for the same thing along with my Cell PHone number and Email address.  After being on hold she said they still dont have an instant decision and someone "else" has to review it  but it should be within 48 hours and said to call the app status line and gave me the number for it.!!! What the hell???/ Someone Help????

I feel like i'm under going the same thing for the Citi Simplicity card, i got the request for the 4506T form and they said it could take up to 25 days but usually 7-10.  I asked the rep if this meant it was going to get approved or what, and she said they are really just using it to verify my name and address and stuff, but she says when she sees those request they almost always get approved.  So i guess we shall wait and see!

Message 6 of 12
texasman07
Established Contributor

Well I figure maybe it is borderline and has to go through a supervisor for final approval?  Hopefully he will say YES!!!

What is the lowest limit you can get on this card?

Message 7 of 12
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Have you moved or changed jobs within the last year or so?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 8 of 12
hafsa

i applied for citi platinum select master card and visa both in one day and was approved instant online first time i was approved onlin e in seconds was surprised they gave me 3000 on mastercard and 2600 on citi select visa 

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 653experian 698 tunion 720
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Well I figure maybe it is borderline and has to go through a supervisor for final approval?  Hopefully he will say YES!!!

What is the lowest limit you can get on this card?

Any word on the Approval?  I'm dieing to know if you got it!  I have a good feeling abou this one!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.