Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI DIVIDEND PLATINUM OFFER QUESTIONS

tag
jonald11
Valued Member

CITI DIVIDEND PLATINUM OFFER QUESTIONS

Hello,

I just received an offer for the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, and know nothing about the card. Offer is for $350 cash back bonus, O% intro for 15 months, and a 13.99 rate after that.

I'm intrigued by the Citi Bonus Cash Center, because at least on the surface it seems better than the Chase Ultimate Rewards deal. Like that you can use your whole $6,000 in the same month, but not liking that it is capped at $300 annually. Any suggestions or past experiences would help.

Finally, is this a Visa Signature, because can't tell from the offer? And this is "pre-selected'' not approved, so is there any pattern of bait and switch with Citi? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditHammer

Re: CITI DIVIDEND PLATINUM OFFER QUESTIONS

@jonald11 wrote:

Hello,

I just received an offer for the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, and know nothing about the card. Offer is for $350 cash back bonus, O% intro for 15 months, and a 13.99 rate after that.

I'm intrigued by the Citi Bonus Cash Center, because at least on the surface it seems better than the Chase Ultimate Rewards deal. Like that you can use your whole $6,000 in the same month, but not liking that it is capped at $300 annually. Any suggestions or past experiences would help.

Finally, is this a Visa Signature, because can't tell from the offer? And this is "pre-selected'' not approved, so is there any pattern of bait and switch with Citi? 

Thanks

I have the Dividend.,. its a good card.. and Citi does the "rewind" feature which is pretty cool.. The only thing i dont like is that you can only cash out your rewards dollars every $50.. right now, i have like 42 bucks sitting in my rewards basket but i cant touch them until it hits $50

Message 2 of 11
hot4u
Established Contributor

This was my first Prime card.

Love it..

Don't forget You can request it with the EMV chip if you ever plan on traveling outside US.

Spend $500 getting back $100,00

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 3 of 11
jonald11
Valued Member

Thanks. This offer actually says spend $2,000 in the first three months, and get $350 back, which surprised me. And I'd like the chip, but they have foreign transaction fees, so that's no advantage to me. I go to Europe at least five times a year, so that's why Capital One is still with me.

Message 4 of 11
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

You are right to be skeptical of the offer. It is not a guarantee in any way. As far as this card being better than Chase, there is no reason that you can't get both. I think having a Citi product and a Chase product as tradelines are great things to have. I would encourage you to apply for this card if you don't have any Citi products. Citi customer service is not  known as the greatest but the company issues the most credit cards of any company in the U.S. and is very prestigious. What is your credit situation if you don't mind me asking? Do you know your credit scores and/ or what is contained in your reports? What sort of baddies/public records/ tradelines do you have? That sort of information can help us to further advise you... Good luck!

Message 5 of 11
jonald11
Valued Member

Thanks. I am also very happy with Chase and have a one year history with them. I have the United Explorer Visa Signature with at $10,000 limit, and a Freedom with $6,500, and the O-percent APR runs out in July, so that's why I"m thinking another long term no-interest card for bigger purchases, and it is between this, Discover IT and the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday.

Not positive on my scores, but was 772 in December with MyFico, and and had a Beacon 5.0 Auto Enhanced of 811 from lender at the same time. I know they have dropped a bit because I've had hard pulls for new cable service, cell phone, electric and other small things associated with moving. 

Message 6 of 11
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

That is great. You have great scores. The world is your oyster . Just keep paying on time and continue with long term responsible habits and your credit will remain pristine...

Message 7 of 11
jonald11
Valued Member

Thanks. And same to you. I was 640 less than two years ago, although that was mostly from high balances and low limits. I've never missed a payment of any kind.  Once my Capital One suddenly jumped from $2,100 to $5,800, everything seemed to open up. 

Good luck. 

Message 8 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The $300 overall cap really stops this card being very attractive.  Freedom is capped at $300 only on the 5% categories, unlimited on 1%, and Cash Plus will be capped at $400 on the 5% categories (which you can choose).  IMO there are many better cards,

this offer might be worth it just for the cash back as a $350 for  $2k spend isn't bad.

Message 9 of 11
jonald11
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for all the input. Any word on whether this is a Signature Visa? And is anyone else seeing similar offers from Citi products?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.