Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Diamond Preferred MC and EMV Chip

tag
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

Re: CITI Diamond Preferred MC and EMV Chip

@dodgeball wrote:

It is not even nessary in Europe, almost all terminals  are swipe and sighn still and the ones that are pin only still let you swipe and sighn

I would disagree.  While swipe is still alive in Europe, some unattended kiosks like train stations are EMV only.  I was in Switzerland a few months ago and two of my coworkers tried to buy train tickets from a liosk to no avail.  I didn't realize until much later that their Amex Business Green cards without EMV were useless in the machine.

EMV will happen in the US, mainly through legal force.  In 2015, the legal liability for merchants against fraud will shift from the card networks to the merchants themselves if they haven't upgraded to EMV capable point of sale devices.

Message 11 of 13
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Lived in Europe for going on seven years now, I have not been rejected once for having the old swipe and sighn credit card. I have seen the Kiosk you are talking about and they do except swipe and sighn credit cards, just got to push the right button Smiley Happy

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 12 of 13
KeithDMA

I called to get the new chip when I heard that all it took was to ask for it.  I'm taking a trip to Europe this summer and wanted to have one or two to carry in my wallet.  The new card does look slightly different.  The old card has sort of a bumpy texture to it while the new one is smooth but also has the chip.  It's still an impressive looking card.Smiley Happy

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $19.5k | PenFed Platinum Rewards Signature Visa $25k | Discover IT $19.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $17.9k | Andrews Federal Globetrek Rewards Visa $19.5k | Community America Platinum Cashback Visa $17.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred Mastercard $20k | PenFedCash Rewards Visa $25k | Macy's AMEX $7,600

FICO - 802

The best indicator of your future credit behavior is your past credit behavior.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.