cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Diamond Preferred Rewards CONVERTED TO DIVIDEND!

tag
jj10939
Regular Contributor

CITI Diamond Preferred Rewards CONVERTED TO DIVIDEND!

For a while now, I have heard that my CITI Diamond Preferred Rewards card would be switching to the new Thank You card.  I still hadn't received my new card as they originally told me I would be receiving it in March, which is now over..so I called CITI last night to see if the card was still scheduled to be switched over and the rep told me that some of the accounts were pushed back and would be converting in May.  I have asked before about switching my card to the Dividend because it had better rewards but was always told no..I asked again last night and she gave me a long list of card I could covert my DPR card to..one of which was the Dividend which is 1% cash back on everything..I was very excited and told her to switch it.  She did say that it would take about 45 days for the merge to be completed which I am ok with. 

I think the Dividend is a better card than the new Thank You card.  The Thank You program has kind of changed for the worse.  You need to spend $16000 to get $100 cash back, where as the Dividend is only $10000..what do you think...is the Dividend card better or worse than the Thank You card...I know there is no "concierge" service, but that's OK, because I would never use it anyway.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI Diamond Preferred Rewards CONVERTED TO DIVIDEND!

I did the same thing as you.  Requested and received the Dividend card as a replacement for my Forward Card (at my request), as opposed to the Crappy Thank You Cards.  (I didn't want to stay with a builder card like the Forward any longer, despite the pretty good rewards).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.